LRF Key´s

Red2112

I can´t seem to find the key´s assigned to LRF "First Return" and "Last Return".

According to the keyboard layout in the manual it´s the "tilde" (~) key, which for some reason I can only output two at a time on my keyboard.  According to the controls window in game, it´s numeric key nº 1 for "First Return" and numeric key nº 3 for "Last Return", also to reset the rangefinder it´s numeric key nº 0.  None of these work on my end.  Iam trying this on a Leo A5 BTW.  The "P" key dosen´t seem to drop the last lase either.  Don´t know if Iam doing something wrong, or if this has been changed...

--

Edited by Red2112

• Members

I thought it was the caret/chevron that would toggle between first and last return (to the extent that the joystick/control handle doesn't already have separate buttons for it, depending on the tank). Anyway, I can but recommend to look at the Controls dialog. If in doubt, save the current layout, then click the button to restore the default layout, and check again what the buttons are. You may want to search for strings like "las"/"laser" or "return" or "echo" to see what entries are listed.

9 hours ago, TSe419E said:

Not sure what you mean by, "for some reason I can only output two at a time on my keyboard."

The number pad buttons are for the M60A3's LRF, as far as I know.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I thought it was the caret/chevron that would toggle between first and last return (to the extent that the joystick/control handle doesn't already have separate buttons for it, depending on the tank). Anyway, I can but recommend to look at the Controls dialog. If in doubt, save the current layout, then click the button to restore the default layout, and check again what the buttons are. You may want to search for strings like "las"/"laser" or "return" or "echo" to see what entries are listed.

Let me first say I have a Spanish keyboard, so the key combo for "~" is "Alt Gr + 4".  The problem with that is that on my keyboard if I hit that combo once, nothing happens, if I hit it twice then I get TWO tilde like this... ~~.

As stated before, it´s drawn on the keyboard layout of the manual PDF as ~ for first and last return (switching) of LRF, so sorry Ssnake, I don´t know were the caret/chevron comes from.  On the controls dialog (menu window) there is nothing refered to as LRF, there´s reference to "select first return" (Num. key 1), "select last return" (Num. key 3), and "select second return" (Num. key 2) as in the below JPG...

SB_Control.thumb.JPG.6d62dee82eef3ab466923f0405e0b4d6.JPG

Thank you CavGunner and Ssnake for your help so far, you both have been very helpful with my recent doubts! Thanks!

--

Edited by Red2112

Those controls are for the M60, not the Leopard. Use the filter commands drop down box on the upper right to find controls more specific to the vehicle you're looking for.

You might try contacting Colebrook , he might may be able to help you with figuring out the keyboard bindings with a Spanish keyboard layout.

Edited by Rotareneg

1 hour ago, Rotareneg said:

Those controls are for the M60, not the Leopard. Use the filter commands drop down box on the upper right to find controls more specific to the vehicle you're looking for.

You might try contacting Colebrook , he might may be able to help you with figuring out the keyboard bindings with a Spanish keyboard layout.

Thanks Rotar,

I filterd commands to show the Leo 2 and Leo 1 but nothing shows up regarding LRF.

I havent seen Colebrook this week, we usualy meet during the week for a mission but he hasent been around this past week.

PD.: I could always assign a "hot-key" in the controls panel, but the problem is that the "~" key is not there, so I can´t assign nothing to it.  Assuming that the "~" is the generic key for LRF of course...

--

Edited by Red2112

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

While in "All Commands" search for "return."  Then look for "Toggle laser return first / last."  

Thanks CavGunner, found it!

It´s the "ñ" key, at least on a Spanish keyboard :D

30 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

That's not quite right for the Leopard either, it uses the "Alt. range" key to immedately lase in first return mode, there's no first/last return toggle like with the M1.

You´r right Rotar, just found that out, now that I know which key it is.  The above metioned "ñ" key works for the M1 as LRF first/last as expected, but not so for the Leopard.

Thank you Rotar!

Iam slowly learning new tricks in SB B|

--

Edited by Red2112

That key should work for both, leo and m1. In spanish the key is called "Eco laser:primero/último".

But it works in a different way, on the leo you immediately lase using that key,on the m1 you change the laser switch to the opposite position,and then you need to press the standard lase key again