TerraSim_Terrastan Height Map Issue

Bond_Villian

Im trying to make a scenario using the TerraSim_Terrastan map. I am able to load the TerraSim_Terrastan.ter file in the map editor, and also am able to load the TerraSim_Terrastan.ter file in the mission editor when making 'new' scenario via 'pick map' menu, but once i save the scenario and try to reload it, the game hangs during loading ("creating max height map" dialog box) and i need to alt-tab to task manager to close the 'not responding' steel beasts. Ive been told that this map may have issues because its stored within a folder in the 'terrain' directory, if thats the case and its just broken in some way, ill just bin it (along with the hours spent making the scenario!), but if theres a workaround/solution, id appreciate it.

I apologise if this is something thats been covered a million times, i did try to find a solution on these forums and the WIKI without success.

Cheers

Working on my end, Bond'. It does seem to hang since the progress bar does not animate in the "creating max height map" dialog box.  But the same dialog does remind you to "Please wait", which on my rig was about two minutes. I know, that's an eternity, but the detail of this map takes a bit more crunching.

Thanks for the reply scrapper, ill check again... it may just be that im not waiting long enough (5 minutes or so) but theres also the fact that 'task manager' reports SB as 'not responding'. Either way i think ill steer clear of this map and make something on BEKIBEKIBEKISTAN instead. With a name like that what could go wrong ;)