Update And Enlargment of The Fulda map

WarUlf

Hi all!

I just wanted to let everybody know that I am currently working on a substantial enlargement of the Fulda Gap Southern corridor map to the North and East.

I have added most of the eastern edge of Fulda city, its mostly suburban and industrial type of area, and omitted for the time being the City core. Maybe if we get some bigger Cityblock type of objects in future SBpro releases?

Needless to say that this area has almost endless possibilities from a scenario designers viewpoint.

/WarUlf

WorkInProgress1a1.jpg.52e57f7fe05ea4c2d2

56e83c6e022ca_WorkInProgress1a2_Viewfrom

56e83c6e04c76_WorkInProgress1a3_FuldaCit

WorkInProgress1a1.jpg.52e57f7fe05ea4c2d2

56e83c6e022ca_WorkInProgress1a2_Viewfrom

56e83c6e04c76_WorkInProgress1a3_FuldaCit

Thanks for the appreciation!

Map moding is really a time consuming business and some sort "copy & paste" utility would really be welcome.

Has anybody any more information regarding new bridges, railroad bridges and bridges that the AI can drive under?

Some scenario possibilities:

56e83c6e08c81_PossibleScenario_CoveringF

56e83c6e0c59b_PossibleScenario_27thGMRDa

56e83c6e0f46d_PossibleScenario_TheCounte

56e83c6e08c81_PossibleScenario_CoveringF

56e83c6e0c59b_PossibleScenario_27thGMRDa

56e83c6e0f46d_PossibleScenario_TheCounte

Looks great! Careful not to put too many buildings in though, especially in "double stacking" buildings or else we end up with another pretty map that is too harsh on the frame rates. :(

Yes That’s always a risk you take when map-designing.

One aspect is to make the map as real as possibly, (this was my primary goal) this conflicts a lot of times whit the demand for high frame rates. My philosophy is that if the frame rates are not good enough, I have an excellent excuse to upgrade my system.

Current frame rates in single player test scenarios on my humble system (GeForce 7300GT 256 MB on dual Core 2.5Mhz CPU) is around 20 FPS.

/WarUlf