Wargames

Red2112

On 9/14/2017 at 9:04 AM, Red2112 said:

Yes, thank you! Glad you find it useful and/or entertaining!

I plan another gameplay soon, Iam just on the fence with two games that are on sale till the 21st on Humble Bundle...

Decisive Campaigns Case Blue:

DC: Case Blue  (50% off)

Decisive Camapigns Barbarrosa:

DC: Barbarrosa (40% off)

Both are at a operational level and by the makers of Advance Tactics.  One of the cool things about this series is that there´s a role-playing element to them, where you have to make decisions which can change the outcome of the campaign.  The daubt I have with DC Barbarrosa is that it´s a huge map, and that Army Group South kind of has a hard time!!! :D

oth are quite historical and the OOB´s seem to be accurate.

Both of these are great games. Highly playable and historically accurate. In addition and unlike some other East Front games I won't mention, one can actually finish these. :D

Another game by the same dev - the 1st one in the series is Blitzkrieg - Warsaw to Paris. Seperate campaigns that cover the Conquest of Poland and the Conquest of France.

26 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

Both of these are great games. Highly playable and historically accurate. In addition and unlike some other East Front games I won't mention, one can actually finish these. :D

Another game by the same dev - the 1st one in the series is Blitzkrieg - Warsaw to Paris. Seperate campaigns that cover the Conquest of Poland and the Conquest of France.

Thanks Werewolf! I did end up buying Barbarrosa and Blitzkrieg, missing Case Blue for now.

Red

I haven't played this new version, but the free to play wasn't that great, and certainly not worth $40.

The biggest issue was that the enemy AI didn't use any cohesive tactics. It was just a blob rush.

Watching many of the videos for this release, doesn't look like it has been improved.

Also, no scenario editor, no map editor, no coop or any MP (dev has stated that the game will never have MP, either)

No Steam release either. 

No thanks

Edited by Apocalypse 31

- The Steam release I can live without honestlly. In fact I rather buy games that have nothing to do with Steam and it´s DRM. But if that´s something that folks have a issue with, then let me say that when you buy a game form Matrix Games, which is also on Steam, you also get a Steam key with a whole diffrent s/n. So you can choose on which platform to play on. If one chooses the Matrix Games launcher, you can also check for updates with it and it will connect to the Matrix Games net and download what ever new update is needed for your version.

- No map editor but you have one hell of a big map area (15,000sq/miles) depicted from RL. So you have plenty of land to choose from.

- No scenario editor. Yo have one of the best "battle generators" I have dealt/seen in a long time. Along with the map size, you get plenty of replay value.

- AI cohesive tactics, have you seen the whole video above? Dealing with AI is a picky thing no matter what game you play. There are better or worst AI´s but none is perfect.  This one can kick ones butt that´s for sure.

- The price, personally I think it´s a fair price. Worst games are out without any replay value what so ever at the same price point.

No MP, in that I agree that is something that I would have liked it had.

Everybody is intitled to have there opinion, and thank God or what ever for that. Iam just clearing up any mis-understanding others may have. 

It´s easy, don´t like it, don´t buy it!

Red