Wargames

Red2112

13 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

A very interesting conflict, looks nice. I found the GUI in these Graviteam titles to be pretty awkward though

Yeah me too, but as all It´s a matter of playing it alot, till your used to it. But yes it´s "different" indeed. Way to many options too!

Red

As an old veteran of the Harpoon series, from the first one to Harpoon 4, I was pleasantly surprised that 'Command Modern air / Naval operations' exists! It is awesome, brings back the old feeling of being really excited seeing a Russian sub symbol being 'killed' by an ASW helicopter deployed by a small asw naval task force! It's on steam on SALE!

9 hours ago, munckmb said:

As an old veteran of the Harpoon series, from the first one to Harpoon 4, I was pleasantly surprised that 'Command Modern air / Naval operations' exists! It is awesome, brings back the old feeling of being really excited seeing a Russian sub symbol being 'killed' by an ASW helicopter deployed by a small asw naval task force! It's on steam on SALE!

If the game is on Steam, but you buy it from Matrix Games, you then get two keys, a steam key, and a Matrix Games key (DRM free).  It dosen´t work the other way around!

A coincidences, but I just bought, and downloading now "Command: The Silent Service" DLC standalone/expansion for CMANO...

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/725/details/Command.The.Silent.Service

Iam a sucker for ASW :D

Ahoy!

Red

On 11/19/2018 at 6:57 AM, Red2112 said:

I went against my better judgement (to never buy another Slitherine game) and picked this up. 

Terrible game, and not worth $40. Another example of poorly made Slitherine products. 

• Its impossible to read the terrain (no definition of heights) unless you switch to a weird looking isometric view that is totally unusable to command units. 
  • Unit SOPs are bogus and do not save. You have to constantly save SOPs and micromanage how units move and fight. 
  • Unit pathfinding is awful; as in, I wanted to rip my face off as I watched my pixel troops drive all over the map (not where I wanted them to go). It's not bad on large open maps, but that just limits where you can fight - on the only 4 maps available 
  • No tutorial missions, nor is there a campaign. Just a bunch of poorly defined scenarios, with fully detailed orders like "Seize the Objective" with literally no graphics anywhere (where is my objective?).
  • The battle generator is also crappy; AI units just defend wherever they feel like, totally abstract of the defined objectives. During on of my games, the entire enemy force was defending the bottom left side of the map even though the objective was on the opposite side of the map. Never mind the AI trying to put together a cohesive attack plan! 
  • Command Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelay for everything! Want you unit to drive 2 meters down the road? That'll be a 1 minute command delay!
  • The game uses a grid system (100mx100m, I think?) and only 1 unit can occupy the same grid at a time. Sounds like a great way to organize things, but its actually a huge pain in the ass, especially when you're working with infantry forces in close-terrain but cant gather enough mass. 

Terrible, terrible. I wish Slitherine would refund games. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

Read the manual! For example, there are "dummy" objectives for boths sides, the AI AND YOU, will have to find out which are the real objectives, objectives be it dummy or real are MARKED on map, and next time do some research because the campaign is on it´s way. Either way, I doubt you would like this anyway. Aside from a couple of games you mentioned in other conversations we had in the past, you find issues with ALL the "other" games no matter what there are!

So, there´s no sense in explaining anything else, aside that how can one get to these conclusions without even reading the manual O.o

Red

--

Edited by Red2112