Red2112

Wargames

NATO Air Commander solitaire game by Brad Smith and Hollandspiele publishing...

Red

Combat Mission Editor tutorials and general UI tutorials...

Red

--

Edited by Red2112
added content

I haven't played this new version, but the free to play wasn't that great, and certainly not worth $40.

The biggest issue was that the enemy AI didn't use any cohesive tactics. It was just a blob rush.

Watching many of the videos for this release, doesn't look like it has been improved.

Also, no scenario editor, no map editor, no coop or any MP (dev has stated that the game will never have MP, either)

No Steam release either. 

No thanks

Edited by Apocalypse 31

- The Steam release I can live without honestlly. In fact I rather buy games that have nothing to do with Steam and it´s DRM. But if that´s something that folks have a issue with, then let me say that when you buy a game form Matrix Games, which is also on Steam, you also get a Steam key with a whole diffrent s/n. So you can choose on which platform to play on. If one chooses the Matrix Games launcher, you can also check for updates with it and it will connect to the Matrix Games net and download what ever new update is needed for your version.

- No map editor but you have one hell of a big map area (15,000sq/miles) depicted from RL. So you have plenty of land to choose from.

- No scenario editor. Yo have one of the best "battle generators" I have dealt/seen in a long time. Along with the map size, you get plenty of replay value.

- AI cohesive tactics, have you seen the whole video above? Dealing with AI is a picky thing no matter what game you play. There are better or worst AI´s but none is perfect.  This one can kick ones butt that´s for sure.

- The price, personally I think it´s a fair price. Worst games are out without any replay value what so ever at the same price point.

No MP, in that I agree that is something that I would have liked it had.

Everybody is intitled to have there opinion, and thank God or what ever for that. Iam just clearing up any mis-understanding others may have. 

It´s easy, don´t like it, don´t buy it!

Red

15 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front, new DLC Operation Moduler...

A very interesting conflict, looks nice. I found the GUI in these Graviteam titles to be pretty awkward though

13 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

A very interesting conflict, looks nice. I found the GUI in these Graviteam titles to be pretty awkward though

Yeah me too, but as all It´s a matter of playing it alot, till your used to it. But yes it´s "different" indeed. Way to many options too!

Red