Red2112

Wargames

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Is that some sort of re-badged Avalon Hill product or a completely new re-work of ASL?

As you know, Avalon Hill is long gone, and ASL is now a Multi-Man Publishing/Hasbro product. There are other third party products who produce maps, scenarios, ect too. With that out of the way, the "Starter Kits #1-3", among some other expasions and historical modules are ASL in it´s core, but with alot less layers to it.  In other words, a simplified ASL, but nevetheless has enough chrome for new and old ASL fans alike.

Red

The ASL Starter Kits are also a jump start for the full blown ASL experience if so desired...

The thing is that some people don´t have the time and/or dedication to fully get into ASL, and that´s were the starter kits come in play.

Red

Edited by Red2112
spelling

Cross of Iron, first gamette for Avalon Hill´s Squad Leader.

Just in today. Was missing the QRDC but got a copy of those inbound in a few day´s along with the 3rd edition rules, all from a incomplete CoI I found for 10 bucks.

Red

On 9/14/2017 at 9:04 AM, Red2112 said:

Yes, thank you! Glad you find it useful and/or entertaining!

I plan another gameplay soon, Iam just on the fence with two games that are on sale till the 21st on Humble Bundle...

Decisive Campaigns Case Blue:

DC: Case Blue  (50% off)

Decisive Camapigns Barbarrosa:

DC: Barbarrosa (40% off)

Both are at a operational level and by the makers of Advance Tactics.  One of the cool things about this series is that there´s a role-playing element to them, where you have to make decisions which can change the outcome of the campaign.  The daubt I have with DC Barbarrosa is that it´s a huge map, and that Army Group South kind of has a hard time!!! :D

oth are quite historical and the OOB´s seem to be accurate.

Both of these are great games. Highly playable and historically accurate. In addition and unlike some other East Front games I won't mention, one can actually finish these. :D

Another game by the same dev - the 1st one in the series is Blitzkrieg - Warsaw to Paris. Seperate campaigns that cover the Conquest of Poland and the Conquest of France.

26 minutes ago, Werewolf said:

Both of these are great games. Highly playable and historically accurate. In addition and unlike some other East Front games I won't mention, one can actually finish these. :D

Another game by the same dev - the 1st one in the series is Blitzkrieg - Warsaw to Paris. Seperate campaigns that cover the Conquest of Poland and the Conquest of France.

Thanks Werewolf! I did end up buying Barbarrosa and Blitzkrieg, missing Case Blue for now.

Red