Red2112

Wargames

Pete, hope you were there and had fun!

Backed the kickstarter some months ago, so can´t wait!

Red

Normandy: The Beginning of the End, a War Storm Series (WSS) game.

Preview and examples of play...

Red

Unboxing Less Then 60 Miles, by Fabrizio Vianello and Thin Red Line Games...

Red

Unboxing The Last Hundred Yards, a tactical platoon level game by Mike Denson and GMT Games...

Red

cannot tell you how awesome this simm is.....do yourself a favor and grab the core game off steam for free and give it a try.....the add ons cost but the corp game is free..............TONS OF FUN

Waiting on some fixes that are long due, but yeah it´s cool. Played the first version alot (Command Ops Conquest of the Aegean) still have the original somewhere. If you like this, I suggest "Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm".

Thanks for sharing. 

Red

Have been playing "Radio Commander" and have progressed to mid-mission 5 (The Convoy). Really like it. It has its issues but I think of it as features (not-knowing-factor). The well made maps and execution does appeal to me, still room for improvements but it is a game in my taste - no doubt!

Also played around with the editor, but it was not very intuitive (no manual as of yet). Hoping for a great editor in the long run.

[EDIT] Coming back to Radio Commander, it is (at moments) amazing (well, if you - like me - can feel immersed and see the events playing out on the map). You need a bit of history and little imagination, put on some actual radio-chatter from Nam in the background and you're off on a cool journey into the Vietnam djungle. What I see foremost is potential. At this stage it is quite limited with a linear campaign, but the mechanics - connected to the map - seems quite potent.

Edited by Ingolf

Not sure I'm going to get CMO, since I still play CMANO and like it a lot. One argument is that CMANO will no longer be developed, I guess.

Have you gents anything to say about the new release in comparison to CMANO?

I'll get 50% discount until January 31, so there's some time to make up ones mind :)

On 11/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, Red2112 said:

Do you mean he did the counters art work, beta tested and some more?

Yes, I did the counters for 4CMBG. Didn't have time for the play test and should have a copy soon.

3 hours ago, Ingolf said:

Not sure I'm going to get CMO, since I still play CMANO and like it a lot. One argument is that CMANO will no longer be developed, I guess.

Have you gents anything to say about the new release in comparison to CMANO?

I'll get 50% discount until January 31, so there's some time to make up ones mind :)

I was a beta tester back in the closed beta days. I'll definitely get it as soon as possible. The new features are ones that I wished from day 0.