Red2112

Wargames

Well, maybe there are some that do have time to play mountains of games :D

Marco shows us the remake of The African Campaign by Compass games, a designer signature series game...

Red

Are you Mech enough? Battletech available next month...

Red

Edited by Red2112
added content

Of all my wargames, the most accessible ones have always been titles by John Tiller. I recently purchased Budapest '45, Minsk '44, and Korsun '44 (shown below) from the Panzer Campaign Series. All Eastern Front titles from the series, with new team Wargame Design Studios, have now been updated to Gold versions (if you own versions from the previous publisher, HPS, you simply send pics to John Tiller Software of your CDs to receive the Gold download link and serial#). Refreshed from the ground up, with much improved graphics (the original personnel portraits were particularly awful) and many new scenarios (right, Volcano?). These are fast becoming my favorite wargames and I can't wait for the Gold versions to become available for other Panzer/Modern Campaigns Series titles.

KorsunGold3d.thumb.jpg.305342ebb7fa892017364df8127c076a.jpg

Yes JT´s games have always been a reference for most wargamers and designers. He has recently released Republican Bayonets on the Rhine...

Product page:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/NapoleonicBattles/RepublicanBayonets.html

For anyone willing to try his games, he has great demos available:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

I highly recomend the "Panzer Battles" Demo, it´s updated to his recent format of the Panzer Battles series.  I have both the Normandy and Kursk Battles.  I also have the Campaign Series (East/West) Matrix Games version, and Campaign Series Middle East, also Matrix Games version.  I enjoy the Squad Battles and his Modern Air Power series too, but I think Volcano knows more about JTS then me for sure.

Red

19 hours ago, Red2112 said:

He has recently released Republican Bayonets on the Rhine...

I mainly focus on WW2 and Cold War era stuff, but during one of Matrix Games' irresistible holiday sales I picked up some Civil War and Napoleonic games by JT and AGEO(?). Speaking of which, I got lured by Matrix yet again just last December and picked up CMANO, Harpoon, Order of Battle (Pacific & Marines), and good 'ol JT Campaign Series. I also happened to find out about GoG.com and picked up some old DOS/Win95 era games and just like that my PC is loaded like its 1999!

Great War Commander, by Hexasim Games.   Same game engine as Combat Commander Europe by GMT...

I play this with my wife too! :D

Red

One of the best games to play SOLO, and the only way to play it :D

Seriously, excellent game in it´s second edition, Fields of Fire "how to" video...

See video comments for errata!

Red

Edited by Red2112
spelling

On 22/5/2018 at 6:48 PM, Koen said:

Interesting thread, thank you

Your more then welcome, glad you like it.

A good series for JT´s Panzer Battles for those of you who would like to get into these awesome titles...

John Tiller Software:

http://www.johntillersoftware.com/PanzerBattles.html

A 11 part video series.

Red

Edited by Red2112

Interesting and to date setting, no quite found in wargames.  At least that I know of...

Red

Really enjoy browsing through this thread. Thanks Red for the links and taking the time to share.

Keep it up, I always check your thread when browsing SBProPE forums in general.