Beta automatic fire

Captain_Colossus

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah I noticed the larger tracers along with more dispersion for MG rounds...

It appears that the dispersion also carries over to the Brad, LAV and CV. Was this intentional? I could see coax/MG having a noticeable dispersion effect, but for a main gun it seems too much, especially at longer ranges. And here I had problems hitting targets beforehand! :)

• Moderators
I have noticed that the rate of fire sounds too fast for the Ma Duce. Hopefuly it will be fixed with the relese in the summer. Unless someone dose a new sound mod ??

Well, you can probably find a youtube sound mod if you prefer, but the new sound is a freshly made recording of an actual M2HB HMG, and is part of the new recordings of all the weapons systems. So perhaps your memory has failed you here.

Volcano I've noticed same thing... it's not that the M2 sounds too fast when firing it yourself, but when a HMG team fires or the M88 fires M2, the sound file played seems to be wrong... to my ear it sounds just like M240, and I have not used any mods...

Zip

• Moderators

OK thanks. I knew about the M88's incorrectly mounted LMG, but he was referring to the M2 sound in general (or so it seemed). On the other hand, I thought the LMG issue was fixed in 2.370 and everything I am seeing says that it is (ammo type in the editor and the HMG sound in the mission).

• Moderators

OK, I want to be sure here. So are we saying that when the sound on of the cal .50 when you fire it from the top of the HMMWV is different than the cal .50 when fired from on top of the M88? I am not seeing this as far as I can tell, and I thought this was addressed so I have to be sure.

It appears that the dispersion also carries over to the Brad, LAV and CV. Was this intentional? I could see coax/MG having a noticeable dispersion effect, but for a main gun it seems too much, especially at longer ranges. And here I had problems hitting targets beforehand! :)

I also noticed what I THINK is more dispersion when using the 25mm bushmaster against distant targets. Anyone else observed this?

• Moderators

OK then, it seems to not be a problem since the intended sound is playing properly. I was confused at first becuase at one time the M88 incorrectly had an LMG but it was fixed before the public beta release.

If I recall correctly, the 25mm dispersion is a bit too high and should be corrected in the future.