A possible high fidelity WW2 armour sim in development

Marko

Found this on Sim HQ.

Hello everyone!

I am here to share with you about the game we are creating. We are friends indie dev team (we named Si89 Studios), developing in this moment (for 4 months so far) a simulation game called Baptism By Fire, and I am here because it is very hard to find people interested in good ideas (at least we think this game will be a good ideadancinfools ). So I will explain some ideas of the game here, for the right understanding about what is this, and I need your feedback if its a good idea, if we need to change or improve something etc. We really need your ideas and support.

1 - The game is called Baptism By Fire and is under development for 4 months, we are using Unity engine for several reasons. 
2 - The game will be made with almost full simulation features.
3 - The game will be a WW2 combat simulator, including tanks, infantry, air force, artillery, submarines etc, but we will start in this pre alpha with the armor part, that we are going to call "Steel".
4 - For resuming, the idea of the game is make something similar to Forgotten Hope 2 when it comes to variety of vehicles and kinds of maps, but not arcade like FH2. The difference with our maps is the size... now, in the tests, I am working with a 5km x 5km map, but the idea is bigger maps.
5 - It will be something similar to T34 vs Tiger when it comes to armored vehicle and battle distances, and the interior will be something like what is presented in the Red Orchestra 2 interiors of the tanks. The tanks will be made with positions, and military hierarchy
6 - It will be something similar to IL2 Sturmovik 1946 when it comes to aircrafts. 
7 - It will be something like Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising 2 when it comes to FPS, but the damage will be as realist as possible to have a good gameplay and realism balance, but the realism will be the priority.
8 - The military hierarchy will be funcional in the war mode, but in the arena mode will be different.

The game is in very beginning, and for start from a good start, we are here to collect opinions and support, because we will need to test the game and we will need to recruit some of your for testing sometimes.

Here is the last video which shows some tests, we are working in the multiplayer system now. Almost everything is different now from the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCROL844xqk

Thank you in advance and feel free to give your opinion smile

5 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

Pretty sure they bit off too much to ever make a good finished product capable of simulating anything in detail...

Their description does seem to be overly ambitious. I'm also not sure how well this game will distinguish itself in a market already fully saturated with WW2 games. 

Why don't we help the guys from Si89 Studios with constructive ideas 

There's a lot off expertise on this forum when it comes to armour 

I don't think there will be a conflict of interests if we discuss it on this forum but its probably best if any contributors join Sim HQ 

And discuss it there

On 23.8.2017 at 0:23 AM, Marko said:

Why don't we help the guys from Si89 Studios with constructive ideas 

There's a lot off expertise on this forum when it comes to armour 

I don't think there will be a conflict of interests if we discuss it on this forum but its probably best if any contributors join Sim HQ 

And discuss it there

Got banned on SimHQ and don't care about that site anymore.

Obviously the moderators considers it ok to advocate violence against whole communities, but react very agressive if you have a pointy remark about their own favourit sky-pixi. SimHQ? No thanks

Edited by Grenny

the head 'moderators' at simhq operate like a cabal and are very jealous of their own power and don't tolerate anyone who can actually defend their statements against theis. i've seen one 'moderator' make the outrageous claim that some members of nato were about to invade others because they were on the verge of credit default, and if you even question the 'moderator' who said that, the others descend like a horde on you and are allowed to break their own rules about personal insults and this sort of thing. sure.

tanknet is another site i gave up on over a decade ago because of how it works there.

Edited by Captain_Colossus

Cant say I have had any major disagreements with the moderators over on Sim HQ.

I did get a warning once but in fairness I deserved it.

I got in to a heated exchange of posts with a guy who was slagging off SB Esim and are community.

More fool me or bothering with the Idiot.

Anyway back on topic  

I still believe there are many on this site with a lot to offer a fledgling armour developer

On 8/24/2017 at 10:26 PM, Marko said:

I still believe there are many on this site with a lot to offer a fledgling armour developer

If that's what they were going for I would be more than happy to help.  But they're also working on plugging that armor sim into their FPS, and their flight sim, and their submarine simulator, and and and.....

IMHO just too much.  Look at how much is missing from dedicated flight/armor/sub simulators like Silent Hunter, Steel Beasts, Falcon 4, etc...