Trigger Names

Jammer Six

2 hours ago, Jammer Six said:

Not sure what that means, but it sounds like a player can't name triggers.

Which is too bad, a trigger named "Trigger 8" is useless to to a player.

you can.. use the scenario editor and rename the trigger... 

The only exeption are password protected scenarios. 

4 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Ah, I see, thanks.

What a clumsy work-around. A player needs to be able to incorporate triggers into his plan on the fly.

They are not originally intended as a planning tool, but as a scenario design tool.

So yeah, a bit clumsy. I do very rarely play single player, so other people may know better workarounds.

As a training simulation for various armies, the use of "Triggers" is only used in design of training missions. In RL you as a Commander can not give your troops triggers. You may give them code words ( that may trigger/start a action) that will result in pre known actions, how ever they would be known in the mission orders well before said mission.

They are of course a Game option for designers, and players, and a great option they are.

I just write down what the triggers do on a notepad. Or, if I am feeling more ambitious, turn them into a Decision Support Matrix and tie the triggers to decision points. 

Not being able to rename is a bit clunky, but they are still usable, and very useful in a scenario.

Edited by Mirzayev