Beta: Weapons for mechanized infantry dismounts

Jartsev

...got this impression only for the CV90C.

Test setting: one Platoon of SPz in front of a T80 platoon...PC has gun disabled.

All dismounts fire their AT weapon then, except those who rode on the CV90C(Tested with: Marder, M2A2, CV90B,)

Is this on purpose or a bug?

Grenni

out

I saw similiar behavior in one of the Long night of tanks scenarios, had two dismount squads within 100m of T80 with rear aspect shot, and no firing of AT weapons. I am not aware of any way of checking the armament status of dismounts, so I dont know if they were supposedly armed with AT4 or similiar weapon, but they did not attempt to fire AT, only small arms.

Makes them somewhat useless against Tanks, except for the deadly mg fire against sights I also have seen....

I am not aware of any way of checking the armament status of dismounts, so I dont know if they were supposedly armed with AT4 or similiar weapon, but they did not attempt to fire AT, only small arms.

If you remember the name of the scenario, I guess you could open it in the Mission Editor and check the ammo load outs for the inf?

Checked all PCs and "leg" infantry platoon.

-Dismounts from "Bushmaster" and CV9040C are not engaging tanks at all- even with small arms

-Rest of dismounts are doing their job well :) So loadout is more or less OK(bit strange to see Bradley platoon without their "Dragons" and "Javelins")...

-"Leg" infantry platoon have now only 2 AT-4 LAWs, assigned to only one section and placed in "stored" slot... No "slots" are reserved for ATGMs, since dedicated ATGM team are implemented...

Well, i have seen this aswell, no AT weapons at all for the cv90c squads.

Might this have to do with the squads being equiped with a AT-missile in the non beta?

Also, will the normal non mounted squads get back the ability to use AT-missiles like the javelin? i think that the javelin and the storm missiles, as well as some Russian missiles are acualy squad weapons, and should not Be resticted to dedicated AT teams.

I made a clomplete study, and the following APC/inf. have antitank weapons and engage targets under 400 m. :

ASLAV PC / BMP1 / BMP2 / BTR80 / CV90B / M113AS4 / M113A3DK / M113 Eng / M113 Eng MICLIC / M113 Repair / M113 ARTPJ / M2A2 / M3A2 / Marder 1A3 / MT-LB / Piranha / YPR-765

The following APC/inf. have no antitank weapons :

BMD2 / CV90C / Bushmaster

Jantog is that RPG only or ATGMs as well?

CV90B and CV90C should have either RPG (AT4/Pskott M/86) or LAW in Rb57 (Storm) as the Rb57 is supposed to replace the RPGs in due time, so Rb57 is a squad weapon like the Pskott M/86 so the CV90B/C should have Rb 57 as default.

/KT

Have not seen eny use off ATGM, only RPG in the test.

BMD dismounts have 1/1 rpg per half section..

I just watched them take apart an IFV platoon that tried to overrun them.

The only 2 APC/IFV that didn't have an RPG/LAW type weapon were the CV90-40C and the Bushmaster.

NATO LAW appears noticeably less accurate than the RPG. Frequently one or more IFV survived to be taken out by vehicle coax.

• Members

Al says the BMD-2's dismounts should definitely have anti tank weapons available. For the Bushmaster and CV9040-C they were removed on specific request by the armies using them. However, we'll put them back in for the general version until the day that we enable a way to let the mission designer configure the equipment of organic infantry.

It's probably a bit too confusing to remove AT capability from two out of a dozen IFVs and PCs when all others have it.

What? so Sweden gonna stop using Rb57 in the squad as replacement for AT4 just like that?

No no no. Rb57 will be introduced into service coming year. You will probably see a mix of AT-4/pskott86 and the Rb57/NLAW in the mechanized battalion. For the CV9040B/C-units, the Rb57/NLAW will be standard.

I think the removal of AT-weapons in the CV9040C in SB is due to some misunderstanding.

Best regards

MatsW

Well MatsW (who should know) has already said that the CV90 40C should have RBS57 or a LAW system, and the current implementation seems to be at odds with his understanding of the requirement.

So I guess at least the Swedes think APCs and Tanks should be infantry victims...

<edit> Drat too slow!