(De)motivational Posters

Mogwa

Ya know, it's pretty bad when I have to come in here a bump this type of thread, fellas. Me want more!

I'm feelin' lazy at the moment, and the only thing I've got kickin' around are some screencaps from movies that I saved for an opportune time. This time came back in July, when I saw on Frugal's World that "Top Gun II" had been announced or was on the drawing board, or whatever. Of course, I couldn't resist: http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showpost.php?p=1577518&postcount=23

My personal fav's attached, and yes, I do crack myself up! :debile2:

56e83c717b74c_9-thoughts2.JPG.9a24dc1127

56e83c717b74c_9-thoughts2.JPG.9a24dc1127

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
Yes... it's a Pfiel all right. I was hoping there would be a punchline with it.

....unless the unconventional layout is supposed to be a punchline unto itself?

No, He has just broken the first cardinal rule of De-motivational posters.

"there must ALWAYS be a punchline"

Yeah, yeah, I know, got my ie/ ei diphthong backwards. Typing faster than thinking (could've sworn I fixed it in the edit, too!). Still, I don't get it. Pfeil is just it's proper name *shrug*

.... OHHHHH, now I get it. like "Fail"... as in, never made it to major production. But... isn't it pronounced "file"?

You're right. I just couldn't think of a good punchline - the 'humour' (such as it is), is supposed to be the play on 'pfeil/fail', in much the same way as that 'epoch fail' comic (the stickfigure one, I can neither find it now, nor remember it's name, fat lot of good that is...)

The aircraft itself was good. It's a bit....nerdy as is. So I still need a punchline, but the 'Epic Pfeil' works better already.

*lol* glad I could be of help. I thought it was pretty clever once I GOT it, it's just I was thinking "file....? I don't get it"

Yeah, from what I understand, it was an aerodynamically good design. I seem to recall problems with cooling the rear engine and some spontaneous fires (never a good thing!) but mostly good. I suppose ultimately it's for the best it never saw full deployment, though. The war was plenty long enough as it was.