Mogwa

(De)motivational Posters

How ironic. I believe that "Arrow" was the airplane's real name too... or was that part of the joke?

How ironic. I believe that "Arrow" was the airplane's real name too... or was that part of the joke?

Alas, we may never know...

On a related note to that related note,

I know there's a lot of flight sim and Falcon 4.0 pilots in here, so I figured it'd be appreciated (at least, by those that understand the lingo. I know the lingo pretty well except one: Darkstar... I assume it mean radar off, but it's not in the official brevity codes; EMCON is a "Snooze" call)

Dos Gringos also does "The Pilot Song" which is pretty good

Darkstar is the callsign of the control agency (AWACS, etc) Edit: it isn't necessarily always an actual AWACS.

Ah, arbitrary callsign, that's why I was having trouble figuring it out. I know all the other calls in the song, that one word had me completely befuckled. I think it's the fact that he starts with SO darkstar, and the fact it's not the first word of the sentence threw me. ...but then I've had enough pilots on the horn to know they don't give a damn about proper radio procedure. And of course a "Judy" call just means target spotted and identified- it can mean either radar (NCTR) or visual identification, so it made sense to me that he was calling snooze/ WVR.

...besides, didn't he say AWACS wasn't up? (out to lunch)

...that, and 'darkstar' IS a real radio brevity code- the Navy uses it for when a star shell (Navy for illumination projo) burns out. That one always made me chuckle, since I was a 13A fire supporter and the phrase just sounds silly to me.

Do we really want to have that discussion here and now? Really?

Hmm.....

Now we know why the USAF likes bombing its allies.

Sigh. So it is your assertion that the USAF likes, actually enjoys, blue on blue engagements... Grow up, stop trolling.

Becauss we can...

Your comments have yet to be a useful addition to any thread on this entire forum. Grow up, learn to spell, and stop feeding the trolls.

This isn't hard guys. Post a demotivational poster or comment on one. Dont take the thread in a direction that will certainly end in a lock.

Edited by Mogwa

Fratricide ALWAYS happens in war, of course the scope and frequency is usually commensurate with the degree of firepower so is likely to be a US affair in many cases since they usually have firepower like its water.

If I were a bit younger I'd join the Air Force!!

The good news is that you only have to be young mentally. Like maybe five, or six.

Shot

Hmm, is it just me or is this getting stupid now?

It now looks like one of those mirror illusions.

Here is a simple test. Ignore the three posts above yours. Is it better now?