Your best/favorite SB mission

Marko

I would wager most of the members of this forum have a favourite SB mission.

That was not only well scripted and a real challenge but played exactly the way you or your team wanted it to

So tell us about it, (show pics videos if you have them)

And tell us what was so good about that particular mission.

That's easy: Border Patrol.  I've reworked that mission more than a dozen times with different vehicles and force mixes; even updated the map to more closely match the actual terrain.  Even knowing the mission inside and out, every trigger and possibility, it still proves a challenge to win.

Edited by MAJ_Fubar

4 hours ago, CalAB said:

Baghdad Raid - Thunder run of April 5 2003 1.0. It was my first download scenario. Myself and a friend of mine played it through many times. When the terrain upgrade reaches us this scenario will be new again.

Still hoping for some new map editor tool/capabilities. I want to go back and rework this scenario with the new assets (Overpasses etc!)

18 hours ago, daskal said:

Still hoping for some new map editor tool/capabilities. I want to go back and rework this scenario with the new assets (Overpasses etc!)

The upgrade to the terrain will change a lot of things, along with improvements to the infantry AI. Infantry improvements alone since 2.xxx would make it tougher 

favorite multi player to this day still is two towns from steel beasts gold, then the maze.  most the  missions I play now I like a lot so do not really have a favorite as I will play all of them all the time, and will change the units around for blue force to model 2nd ACR, my first army unit.  But I do not play those online, I have them in two separate folders, original scenerios and changed scenerios, altho I do not change red forces unless I add more vehicles if I feel it needs it.  And I also get inspired to play certain scenerios after watching matsimus's and mirzayev's videos just to see how I would fare on them myself. 

Battle of the Beasts

by @Assassin 7

1. The Paderborn terrain provides such a great landscape of hills, valleys, and built-up areas. It really keeps the player on their toes, and also offers significant advantages for whichever side can occupy key terrain. 

2. Objectives are sized and spaced perfectly, and offer a significant challenge. The secondary objectives are also highly engaging (secure a CIA agent and oversee his extraction via helicopter, destruction of enemy fuel trucks, etc)

3. The force structure includes tanks (M1/LEO mix) and PC's; the scenario requires coordination between the two to be truly successful.

4. The mixture of 1,2, and 3 all make this an engaging scenario that offers significant replay-ability and allows mission leaders tons of creativity. I've played this scenario at least a dozen times and its always been a great experience. 

battleofbeasts.png

Edit: +1 for this thread. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

Wish I could remember the scenario from the old SB-1, but it was like a Golan Heights scenario, with a German CO+ defending a ridge line against wave after wave of soviet tanks. It was the closest to a shooting gallery I;ve ever seen in SB, but the number of enemy vehicles, coupled with their ample artillery support made it very difficult to win. It was one scenario that was pure action from start to finish.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, CalAB said:

Baghdad Raid - Thunder run of April 5 2003 1.0. It was my first download scenario. Myself and a friend of mine played it through many times. When the terrain upgrade reaches us this scenario will be new again.

Completely reworked that Map with more accurate satellite imagery and overpasses and added a ton of roads and buildings!

Also, added a ton of civilian traffic and static parked cars.

The new map objects like gas stations really add to the atmosphere...

Just waiting for the new highway ramps, hopefully curve-able, to make it perfect!