Ad-hoc/Impromptu SB sessions

Nike-Ajax

7 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Thanks sort of exactly not the point.

Your opinion only. 

Making people sign up 24+ hours in advance and expecting every scenario organizer to PM a list of potential players is somewhat inefficient. 

In every case, its been a few guys on the Kanium Discord asking if anyone would like to play. 2000 GMT just happens to be the time that the games have normally been occurring. The preferred medium is Discord, as proven by the results. 

Ad Hoc probably isnt the right term to describe the games either. These have been all impromptu, and usually begin in the morning with a roll call to see who will be available later in the day. 

Hope to see you on the Discord server. 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Apocalypse 31 said:

Hope to see you on the Discord server. 

Afraid not - for the reasons detailed above.

I also dislike discord for all the push SMS's emails, etc. telling that I've missed something (usually in the morning when I get up) - without detailing what.

So by the time I get home and can access the Internet to respond the conversation is X hours old

8 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Afraid not - for the reasons detailed above.

I also dislike discord for all the push SMS's emails, etc. telling that I've missed something (usually in the morning when I get up) - without detailing what.

So by the time I get home and can access the Internet to respond the conversation is X hours old

That must be some setting,  I do not get any emails about it and I have closed down the push-notifications on my cellphone.

The Kanium Discord is publicly open to anyone, without the need to join Kanium, or do anything for Kanium or owe us anything. Just come and hang out with other people that like SB. If you need help setting up Discord so that it leaves you alone until you open it, I can help you. If you need help understanding Discord, I can help you, if you need anything at all in the context of Discord I will happily volunteer to help you.

www.kanium.eu <-- Our frontpage with an invitation button on it that doesn't even require that you install Discord in order for you to join in.

As for our "juggernaut", thank you. It sounds like a compliment. We are not actively trying to be in anyone's way, we just want to have fun and offer people to join us.

- DrHat, Co-founder of Kanium

Edited by DrHat

I was at a family function and only just got back.

Tomorrow might be a tad optimistic, as will the day after. But maybe on the 27´th - have you got anything lined up and if so should we try do something together maybe? And if not then as usual you and everybody else is welcome. If I manage to scrape some people together

I wish you and everybody else a very merry christmas. 

Edited by Nike-Ajax

22 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Tomorrow might be a tad optimistic, as will the day after. But maybe on the 27´th - have you got anything lined up and if so should we try do something together maybe? And if not then as usual you and everybody else is welcome. If I manage to scrape some people together

There is a reason why I wrote Wednesday. Even in the Northern Hemisphere that's the 27th?

Started the Eggnog early maybe? ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

I hope that everybody has had a good christmas.

Would anyone be interested in a little Adhoc/impromptu game today perhaps ?

Also:

Should we rebrand/reinvent this thread, so as to be a general meeting place for anyone who wants to play a little informal impromptu game in general? This should not be a VU-specific thing - its a community thing and everyone should feel that this makes sense for them regardless of affiliation or lack thereof?

FYI, from the Wiki:

This vehicle is fully modeled and crew-able at the Commander's (F7), Gunner's (F6), and Driver's (F9) positions. Note that although mounted and provided with ammunition, the M2 machine gun at the Commander's position is currently not functional due to the position of the TOW launcher. Additionally, the TOW launcher's field of fire is restricted to the vehicle's frontal 60o arc.

My underlining.

Edited by Gibsonm

That was excellent - just to make my personal position clear: I will try to make it a fixed thing in the new year that we have an Adhoc/impromptu game every day except Sunday.

Open to everyone - No obligations, no pressure, no droopy faces if nobody shows up.

But if there are 2 or 3, then we have proven that we can play and have fun.

So my best bet for the LEAST bad timing is to fix it at 1900 GMT/2000 Viking time - this in order to facilitate the fact that most people needs to get up the day after. I realize that this sadly does not match the time zones around the world, but as I wrote: the least bad timing...

Is this a good idea? Remember: saying yes doesn’t mean you are bound, only that you have expressed an interest. Also, then we can change the slot to ArmA with a reasonable warning, so as not to disappoint or annoy anyone planning to play SB.

This is a community thing and belongs to no one, other than the players who play the games.

Edited by Nike-Ajax