Ad-hoc/Impromptu SB sessions

Nike-Ajax

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me on steam for some casual coop missions. Small or medium scale. We can hop on my or your discord server and just play. For now i am not interested in the large scale battles that require me to be at a certain place at a certain time and that have a rather rigid command and control system. Like ranks n stuff, i am not so much into that. I just want to play coop with 1 or 2 other persons. I speak german and english.

My steam profile -> https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970596905/ 

Also, do people hang out on the steel beasts teamspeak for some casual coop? I havent played this game online since about 10 years, so i dont know what is going on right now?

Sorry not sure how many people here (if any) use Steam in conjunction with Steel Beasts?

Also we don't use Discord as a "server" for Steal Beasts - the usual comms application is Teamspeak.

The usual way is by looking at a thread like this an nominating a time (e.g. 1900 GMT is popular for Friday and Saturdays - GMT times), that is:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190330T1900

Might see you in nine hours or so?

Edited by Gibsonm

Thank you for your information, but maybe you missunderstood me, or my english it lacking, its my 2nd language after all. So i apologize for that.

I was looking for persons with steam accounts only because when they see me online, or i see them, we can decide to play a small 2 player game on the spot. Going into a forum, making a post and waiting for a reply that may never come, that way nothing happens spontaneous. I could send out emails all the same.

Steam, Discord or even the Teamspeak server, when you hang out there, persons can see you online and ask you for a game right away, it doesnt have to be a large game every time.

Teamspeak or Discord, they are two means to one end, where discord is the more convenient but maybe less versatile solution.

10 minutes ago, Pandur said:

Thank you for your information, but maybe you missunderstood me, or my english it lacking, its my 2nd language after all. So i apologize for that.

You were not misunderstood by all. 

5 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

The usual way is by looking at a thread like this an nominating a time (e.g. 1900 GMT is popular for Friday and Saturdays - GMT times), that is:

Usual for you, maybe. Others have been using more efficient methods to organize the ad hoc games for a long time - discord is a powerful tool. Arguably, much easier than staying glued to a forum post. 

8 hours ago, Pandur said:

Add me on steam for some casual coop missions. Small or medium scale. We can hop on my or your discord server and just play. For now i am not interested in the large scale battles that require me to be at a certain place at a certain time and that have a rather rigid command and control system. Like ranks n stuff, i am not so much into that. I just want to play coop with 1 or 2 other persons. I speak german and english.

My steam profile -> https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970596905/ 

Also, do people hang out on the steel beasts teamspeak for some casual coop? I havent played this game online since about 10 years, so i dont know what is going on right now?

Hi all

So as the one who actually started this thread, then let me - possibly - clear up a few misconceptions: 

Firstly these are not large scale battles. Quite the contrary in fact. Usually we are between 2 and 6, with around 3 to 5 being the norm.

We dont have a rigid command and control system for the Adhocs either. Rather its just one of the guys taking charge. So no ranks n´stuff either. At all.

We just have one of the guys - and that person switches with no one being in charge - making a plan and then we roll.

We pick the scenario just before we start via a quick dialogue. If you have something you want to play, bring it and thats what we usually play.

We dont have a certain place - other than the SB TS which from experience is just quicker and easier than consolidating all in one Discord channel. And by the very name we dont have a fixed time either: or rather we have a chat about it and those that are interested meet later.

No one hangs out on steelbeasts that I know of: 

But the easy way to communicate is simply to set it up under options so you get a mail when someone has posted in your threads - like this now.

There are several Discords which can be the challenge - you post here then everybody who is interested can see it. This from experience works better. But one doesnt exclude the other:

Like Apocalypse wrote, then Discord is a powerful tool.

The Adhoc - by its very nature - are not closed sessions.

But really whatever works for you is the right way to do it.

• 2 weeks later...