Ad-hoc/Impromptu SB sessions

Nike-Ajax

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see.

Sorry, but I'm losing enthusiasm for getting up early and then sitting around waiting for enough people to arrive / something to happen.

If its going to start at a definite time I'll be there - but these flexible "windows" are the killer for me.

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, crazyparker9 said:

Howdy fellas, me and a buddy just recently got back into Steel Beasts and we got another friend to get it (we all have time-limited licenses) and I'd like to get together with you guys and play sometime.

You are more than welcome: we will be doing an ADHOC in about 1 hour, 15 minutes from posting of this. 

So about 2000 GMT - we meet in the Official SB Teamspeak. Look in the posts above, or ask here if you cant make it work. 

I will be hosting and numbers are no problem.

Sorry I have no idea what "EST" is?

Any chance you can use GMT / Zulu so those (I'm guessing here) not in the United States have a baseline to know when you are talking about?

Does 2200 EST = 0200 UTC / GMT / Zulu, i.e.: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190319T0200

Edited by Gibsonm

11 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Sorry I have no idea what "EST" is?

Any chance you can use GMT / Zulu so those (I'm guessing here) not in the United States have a baseline to know when you are talking about?

Does 2200 EST = 0200 UTC / GMT / Zulu, i.e.: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190319T0200

Yeah, sorry about that I'll start including GMT time.

4 hours ago, Kazick said:

I could. If we get a few people up for a co-op mission or some small h2h.

That'd be great. I have a couple friends that might come.

6 hours ago, TSe419E said:

10 EST (Eastern Standard Time) is the equivilant of 9 CST, same time as TGIF.

Except that of course TGIF just moved for non US people this week (as the part of the US where its hosted went onto Daylight Savings time) and indeed will move again in a few weeks for me when AS comes off Daylight Savings time. :)

That's why I prefer GMT / Zulu / UTC based timings as they remain constant and individual potential players can do the conversion to whatever their local time happens to be. :)