Nike-Ajax

Ad-hoc/Impromptu SB sessions

So a good if short ADHOC last night

First impressions:

• Good framerates throughout even when we started setting houses on fire 
  • Good and smooth gameplay
  • Easy and smooth transition and use of most of my old games - I need to get my head around that Delta thing to convert my old maps, but thats purely on my end.
  • VERY pretty graphics. I particularly like the new weapon effects 
  • No major bugs or issues that we spotted on our short playthrough
  • Longer loading time than previously BUT shorter than we expected with the new maps and running it at max graphics
  • No problem in doing pause/rejoin
We are aiming on doing another ADHOC tonight somewhere around 20:30 Viking Time, so circa 18:30 GMT

Posted (edited)

So second night in a row with ADHOCs and testing

Impressions from tonights game:

- The nights ADHOC was an interesting contrast from yesterday: where we had no problems running everything at max graphics yesterday, tonight we had to take everything below default to make it work. It would seem that this maybe goes to show that some hardware setups have no problems - I was steady around 30 Fps - while some really cant handle it

- We tried hosting from another computer which did not seem to complicate anything and worked without any noticeable issues.

- No issues with adjusting graphics ingame

- Infantry is now VERY hard to spot with the uneven terrain and thicker foliage, making the idea of taking on INF in wooded areas very dangerous and difficult indeed.

- From a superficial glance it looks as if the INF is now harder to kill with ARTY

We will try to do another ADHOC tonight around the same time

Edited by Nike-Ajax