4,023 installation problem

Liudas32

Downloaded new 4.023 Uninstalled old 4.010 which always worked fine I install a new patch and suddenly "update Windows KB299 ... not installed"
This is normal ? What suggestions?
As you understand the update installed long ago otherwise i could not install the previous version

21 minutes ago, 12Alfa said:

Google Windows KB..., and install, then reinstall 4.23 and see if that works, it did for me last time.

No, all these reinstallations KB2999226 and Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 2015 have not given any effect
In fact, Now I can not install a new or old patch, although before that, with the same configuration, the game worked without problems

44 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

Any suggestions?

Perhaps upgrade the firmware?

Pretty sure you can do that via the application on your machine.

Yep - CodeMeter Control Centre - click on the circular arrow.

The USB stick on my machine with the 4.023 licence is running 2.04 of the CodeMeter firmware. I suspect yours is earlier than 2.04?

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Liudas32 said:

Downloaded new 4.023 Uninstalled old 4.010 which always worked fine I install a new patch and suddenly "update Windows KB299 ... not installed"
This is normal ? What suggestions?
As you understand the update installed long ago otherwise i could not install the previous version

It's strange . A year ago when I first installed 4.010 Windows update KB2999226 already was and did not create any problems
So what has changed? 

• Members

Please check out the prerequisites for KB299226 at the knowledgebase entry for this patch. As Windows 10 is constantly evolving, so are the individual patches. Back then 299226 may not have needed a certain component that is now required to use a certain Steel Beasts component. So, it may be that you need to uninstall 299226 first, then install the other KB patches that lead up to 299226, and finally reinstall 299226 again.

2 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Please check out the prerequisites for KB299226 at the knowledgebase entry for this patch. As Windows 10 is constantly evolving, so are the individual patches. Back then 299226 may not have needed a certain component that is now required to use a certain Steel Beasts component. So, it may be that you need to uninstall 299226 first, then install the other KB patches that lead up to 299226, and finally reinstall 299226 again.

Well, in the first place it's Windows 7 PRO
Secondly, do you suggest removing all Windows updates that were after I successfully installed patch 4.010 a year ago?
Or can you list the updates that should have been before KB299226? (Microsoft only system requirement is to write only Windows 7 SP1)?

49 minutes ago, Liudas32 said:

Well, in the first place it's Windows 7 PRO
Secondly, do you suggest removing all Windows updates that were after I successfully installed patch 4.010 a year ago?
Or can you list the updates that should have been before KB299226? (Microsoft only system requirement is to write only Windows 7 SP1)?

Looking at the KB article, the update is for the Universal C Run-times utilized by the game and the only prerequisite for that patch is KB2919355, the April 2014 Rollup.  I don't see any supersedence info for it, so I'm assuming it's still current. I'd say try manually downloading and reinstalling the update and see where that gets you.

27 minutes ago, Griffon said:

Looking at the KB article, the update is for the Universal C Run-times utilized by the game and the only prerequisite for that patch is KB2919355, the April 2014 Rollup.  I don't see any supersedence info for it, so I'm assuming it's still current. I'd say try manually downloading and reinstalling the update and see where that gets you.

KB2919355 update not for Windows 7  and it has never been installed that it did not prevent to install 4.010 a year ago

25 minutes ago, Liudas32 said:

KB2919355 update not for Windows 7  and it has never been installed that it did not prevent to install 4.010 a year ago

Perhaps my post wasn't very clear.  The only prereq for KB299226 is KB2919355 which, as you've pointed out, doesn't apply to Win 7.  The equivalent for Windows 7 would be SP1, which I'm assuming you have. As such, I suggest manually reinstalling KB299226 to see if that helps.

1 minute ago, Griffon said:

Perhaps my post wasn't very clear.  The only prereq for KB299226 is KB2919355 which, as you've pointed out, doesn't apply to Win 7.  The equivalent for Windows 7 would be SP1, which I'm assuming you have. As such, I suggest manually reinstalling KB299226 to see if that helps.

Thanks for the help I have already done this operation of reinstallation and not only KB299226 but also Visual C++ 2013 2015 but without any effect . It's strange how I wrote earlier that a year ago I installed 4.010 without problems and I do not understand what could have changed and what subsequent Windows update or somуthing could be fatal

• 7 months later...