Rolling Thunder 18 (RT 18) Predator's Gallop - Back story / Format

Gibsonm

So since you said this:

“Thanks.

Some people mentioned issues in passing but at least it kept going.

There was an issue with the repair area not repairing the helo - unsure if intentional or not?

Anyway another one for my "avoid" list - Its not "fun" controlling 20+ icons with en map updates "off" - while you are micro managing something in one place another unit disappears and all you know is that the icon is no longer there.

Its easy to manage a tank in that circumstance, not so much a dismounted platoon + vehicles + extras.”

are all map updates set to on?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

So since you said this:

“Thanks.

Some people mentioned issues in passing but at least it kept going.

There was an issue with the repair area not repairing the helo - unsure if intentional or not?

Anyway another one for my "avoid" list - Its not "fun" controlling 20+ icons with en map updates "off" - while you are micro managing something in one place another unit disappears and all you know is that the icon is no longer there.

Its easy to manage a tank in that circumstance, not so much a dismounted platoon + vehicles + extras.”

are all map updates set to on?

Yes both Allied (Blue or Blue/Green) and OPFOR updates are "on".

The AO is just too big / vegetated to rely purely on humans spotting.

Also most players (as you can see from the Manning Threads) are controlling at most about five units - apart from the USMC player when they dismount the hordes from the AA7Vs.

The only "player" controlling lots of units is me when I'm shepherding the Red scripting in Missions 2 and 3 and a colleague doing the same job in Mission 1.

Edited by Gibsonm

6 minutes ago, Assassin 7 said:

It’s located here BTW if you remember:

Yes I know. :)

And I still standby it.

I refuse to command a Mech Inf company, esp in urban terrain, with no map updates, which is why I reserve the right to leave a TGIF session when that happens.

I accept that increases the load on those who remain but I see very little point in almost everyone jumping into the tanks and managang one vehicle, and expecting a very few to manage "what's left". Sorry, end unrelated rant.

Edited by Gibsonm

24 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes I know. :)

And I still standby it.

I refuse to command a Mech Inf company, esp in urban terrain, with no map updates, which is why I reserve the right to leave a TGIF session when that happens.

I accept that increases the load on those who remain but I see very little point in almost everyone jumping into the tanks and managang one vehicle, and expecting a very few to manage "what's left". Sorry, end unrelated rant.

I know you do:

😉, love the comments

Edited by Assassin 7

SITREP as at 30 MAR - (H-45)

Session will be "up" from:

1715 GMT Saturday 31 March (early Sunday morning in Oz): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180331T1715

Time remaining (click on this)

Mission 1 will start at:

1800 GMT Saturday 31 March (early Sunday morning in Oz): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180331T1800

Time remaining (click on this)

Subsequent timings depend on how long the missions last. However, we will "pause and resume" as required, so turn up and you'll get a ride.

Status Mission 1:

Scenario file completed and tested *

Recce scenario distributed

Plan file created

Orders issued to Troop Leaders and key staff

Questions answered, points clarified via PM.

Status Mission 2:

Remaining work with key leadership controlling Blue.

Status Mission 3:

Remaining work with key leadership controlling Blue and Green.

* Whilst we have played the opening 15mins or so of each mission with BG ANZAC testers located around the globe, there is no guarantee that once 30 or so people join (all with different Internet connectivity) that the results will be the same - short of getting everyone to login for a dress rehearsal. If your frame rate drops, please reduce your graphic detail settings.

I'll remind people of this at the start of every mission.

The actual mission files will be posted here at about H-10 (likely after TGIF). This is in an attempt to avoid delays downloading the mission from the Host prior to start. I request that people resist the urge to play it "solo" before the main group as it will not be helpful.

Edited by Gibsonm