KANIUM SUNDAY 7th OF JAN 1900 UTC “War for territory ” By Ronin/Grenny

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

World clock 1900 UTC 7th of JAN 2018

Everybody is welcome

Welcome back in the new year

War for territory

Orders:

1. Enemy
An Enemy BTG supported by local militia has broken trough the planned armistice line. Local government forces have been routed, contact to UN Observation posts in teh area has been lost.
Enemy forces are at least one Mechnized BN + support assets. Name fire support and EW units. SIGINT suggests that enemy anti-air units are also deployed in the area to deny own air support and UAV surveilance.
Enemy militias are also in strenght of a light infantry BN (lower quality troops)
Probable enemy intent is to take and hold terrain IOT strengthen their negotiation position. 

OWN
HQ oft he UN forces currently have very limited information on the situation. Contact to own observer teams has been lost. The government forces in the area have either been routed or destroyed.
The only Forces available in the area is the the Mixed Spanish Recon BN.

1 British tank Rgt supported by the Fire Support BN are on the way (ETA 60 minutes)

2 Mission:
Spanish Recon BN will conduct recoinecance oft he area IOT enable a british counterattack on the enemy BTG

Tasks:
HQ needs to know:
1. Force composition oft he enemy BTG
2. Disposition and Possible intent of Enemy BTG
3. Are B-town and D-town held by enemy forces?
4. Are the bridges south of B-town intact and suitable for tanks crossing
We need your first reports on that NLT X+60.
Also Spanisch Recon Squadron is to:
-Provide security for the planned assambly area of GB tank Rgt IOT allow force concentration fort he attack
-Once the british units are set up at the SL, BPT provide Flank security on the right flank of own counterattack.

Firesupport:
4x platoon 4 guns 155 
1x plt Mortars (4 tubes)
Fire support units currently on march. Will be ready to engage at ~X+65

Sce design note: Once the „battle handover“ is done, and depending how many oft he Recon assets survived, players can control one or two CR2 squadrons. Or if everything went really well, continue as the recon unit only…

Wow. I feel like at home with all this Spanish equipment. Just missing the PIzarro.

Please place me in a Centauro or as second option a VEC unit

Are you upgrading the Centauro or the LEO2E default ammo? The one that comes default is not very „impresive“ and I believe outdated

On 5/1/2018 at 7:13 AM, Grenny said:

Uploaded screenshot,

Also one mistake in Manning list.

The 1st recon squadron is not Cxx but Axx!!

Please find the sce file attached here

WAR FOR TERRITORY_kanium callsigns_01.sce

Grenny this is a really nice terrain for maneuvering. 

alm-militares.jpg

I had no idea that we could load smoke rounds for the Centauro main gun. Those may come quite useful against a non thermal equiped adversary.

Looking forward to this mission.

Edited by Furia

1 hour ago, JUST said:

I would love to join in on this one if possible.

56 minutes ago, tankenator said:

SWMBO grants allowance for me to attend.....

Both of you are certainly welcome! Check out the manning list and post your requested vehicle/position either here or on the Kanium forum. 

As a recommendation, we could definitely use more players in A Squadron. @Gibsonm knows his stuff, and you will certainly learn something from him. :) 

47 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Welcome to A Squadron (A Sqn) I guess. :)

Let's hope you survive more than 10 minutes (otherwise you'll be looking at the map for 80+ minutes)

Don't worry.

We have a phase 2 in CR2s...so if you die early in the light Cav, there is still the heavies for a second chance :-P

12 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Welcome to A Squadron (A Sqn) I guess. :)

Let's hope you survive more than 10 minutes (otherwise you'll be looking at the map for 80+ minutes).

Vaya Con Dios :D

OR Requiescat in pace ... 

Usually what happens is that we try to reallocate people who have had their vehicle shot out from under them. Alternatively double team in existing Callsigns - If the need arises then you can command my tank and ill gun. If I dont die first ;)

2 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Vaya Con Dios :D

OR Requiescat in pace ... 

Vaya con Dios is most used to say Goodbye (More fequent ins some Latin american countries) or you can also translate it as May God be with you.

He is not dead yet ^_^ 

@JUSTYou can nicely survive with the VEC as long as you are aware that this is a barely armoured Recce vehicle with a just a bit bigger than a rifle gun. See and do not be seen. Your best weapon is smoke and reverse and of course your radio to tell the boss what he needs to know. Your dismounts should be your eyes.

Just do not think you are driving a Tank or an IFV and you will do fine.

4 minutes ago, Furia said:

Vaya con Dios is most used to say Goodbye (More fequent ins some Latin american countries) or you can also translate it as May God be with you.

He is not dead yet ^_^ 

I know Senõr... But everybody seemed ready to lay down flowers at his grave while he was still standing there - so I was just beeing nice as most seemed to consider it a death sentence :PxD

Edited by Nike-Ajax

For those of you that are in Platoon leader role and/or wants to listen in on command net and are not 100% proficient with kanium TS i will be on 1 hour before start time to help guide you with the setup, older guys/Players that have deficient memory are also welcome to join. :D

MD

Edited by Major duck