Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

03 AUG scenario:

Hasty Defense 01 (US) M60A3-HTH-MAD-4023

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

10 AUG scenario:

TGIF_CUANAVALE_4023_OMU_V1

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

• Moderators

17 AUG scenario:

Brush War-4023a-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes. Four COs (Blue vs. Green vs. Orange vs. Red).
  • Need at least 16, preferably 20 people total. If we don't have enough, then we will play the next SCE in the list (and push this one a few weeks).

NOTES:

• Moderators

Thanks everyone for playing and CO'ing, I made some small tweaks to help improve it for next time.

Also, just FYI, some had mentioned the that the side score didn't add up correctly, but when I looked into this I remembered that it is because the convoy points are "bonus points", which are added on top of the scaled score.  So, you have 1,000 normal points, and then another 100 - 200 bonus points added on top (depending on which side you are), so its scaled between 1000, 1100 and 1200 points. So, its normal that they don't add up exactly due to the inclusion of the bonus points. This affects all sides, so since the winner is the side with the most points - it isn't something that hurts one particular side.

8 hours ago, Volcano said:

Thanks everyone for playing and CO'ing, I made some small tweaks to help improve it for next time.

Also, just FYI, some had mentioned the that the side score didn't add up correctly, but when I looked into this I remembered that it is because the convoy points are "bonus points", which are added on top of the scaled score.  So, you have 1,000 normal points, and then another 100 - 200 bonus points added on top (depending on which side you are), so its scaled between 1000, 1100 and 1200 points. So, its normal that they don't add up exactly due to the inclusion of the bonus points. This affects all sides, so since the winner is the side with the most points - it isn't something that hurts one particular side.

May I ask what changes you made? I thought it was perfect the way it is.

• Moderators
On 8/18/2018 at 12:13 PM, ashdivay said:

May I ask what changes you made? I thought it was perfect the way it is.

1. Made Green's deployment zone a bit smaller.

2. Made Red's deployment zone a little bigger.

3. Adjusted Blue's tank type (want to try Shot Kal now that we have it, we didn't have it when I first made it), and gave them +1 tank and changed their "Support" vehicle (that deploys with the insurgents/militia) into an ASLAV-25.

4. Enhanced UN side, making them "smarter" and made their counter attack (if their base falls) a little more potent.

5. Utilized a few unused vehicle types on the UN side, like the TAM VC.

6. Added a Mi-8 Hip with commandos to Red (they were originally intended to have it).

7. Corrected a problem on Green side where the ambulance was stuck in a walled compound when it spawned.

8. Corrected the missing ambulance on Orange side.

9. Added a note to the map.

10. Enhanced the civilian side a bit.

11. Changed each side's warlord tank to a T-72B1 with ERA (to encourage it to be used in combat, possibly risking its loss more, rather than it being a crap tank that just sits in the rear).

12. Added a minefield between Green and Red side to make it a bit hindering to just rush at each other from the start. Also added a few minefields between all other sides as well. You can't see the minefield on the map but there is the circular "mined" area graphic in the general area.

I think that is about it.

I noticed.  Blue's vehicles which were damaged were completely destroyed and I didn't know if it would fix those.  And since all the other teams were kind enough to leave us alone we really weren't pressured enough to do so.

Edited by TSe419E

• Moderators
On 8/20/2018 at 8:38 PM, TSe419E said:

I noticed.  Blue's vehicles which were damaged were completely destroyed and I didn't know if it would fix those.  And since all the other teams were kind enough to leave us alone we really weren't pressured enough to do so.

Nah just damaged vehicles repaired, no reviving.

• Moderators

24 AUG scenario:

TGIF T62 Mission 3-7YKWish_v6

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

31 AUG scenario:

Symmetrical Attack 11-SC-4019a-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators

7 SEP scenario:

Symmetrical Attack 11-SC-4019a-OMU

(again, see 31 AUG scenario post above)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • So the deal is, we need at least 16 people. If we don't get that many then we will move on to the next scenario (two tries to get sufficient # of people then we move on).

NOTES:

• Moderators

OK, I made some changes to the scenario. I think a good compromise, Red has MILAN 3ER* missiles, 3.5km, tandem, ~900 RHA, and the quantity light still has the 2x light infantry SPIKE teams on both sides (but they are MR, not LR).

There is winning, and there is fun, and we want to try to have both in TGIF scenarios, and I think the Spike is just too OP for the numbers of them there.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:35 AM, Colebrook said:

Can someone upload the AAR?.I want to see what happend with that rain of spikes.

Here's a video (Spike footage starts at about 5:30):

A whole bunch of "spec fire" with the target acquired well after firing. Often the Missile team has no sight picture at all but they are fired anyway.

Some fall short because they were out of range, but the barrage continues.

Edited by Gibsonm

• Moderators

14 SEP scenario:

6k Front 2013-4010-M1A2-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

• Moderators
On 9/15/2018 at 8:45 AM, Bond_Villian said:

Is this one of your creations Volcano?

Well, it was a scenario created about a decade ago, but got tired of playing it on an SB1 map, so I reworked it (updated it). 

So not really my scenario (not complicated enough for me to make it - I over complicate all my scenarios). :P

• Moderators

21 SEP scenario:

Civil War Dera Ghazi-4019b

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes. Need THREE COs.
  • Need at least 4-6 players per insurgent side, and Government side needs about 8 players.

NOTES:

Civil War Dera Ghazi-4019b.zip