TGIF 2018: scenario list, discussion, and house rules

Volcano

On 6/23/2018 at 9:17 AM, Volcano said:

22 JUN scenario:

Civil War Santa Catalina-4019b

Not a complaint, just an observation.

It appears for Cavgunner's video that Blue received all three waves of outstanding tank reinforcements once the Industrial complex was cleared:

Should "they" (Blue or Red) receive all three (i.e. they are queued up pending the clearance) or should they just receive the current allocation?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

6 JUL scenario:

!Conglomerate Steel-Leo2-4019a-OMU

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

13 JUL scenario:

Warlords of Paderborn-4019d

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes. Four CO's needed.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

I don't.

Can we please in lieu of map updates give an indication in the briefings as to who has what?

Initially Challenger 2s are easy to work out, as are M1s but two sides have similar Leo 2 variants.

Then the reinforcements turn up and it just becomes a rock show.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:43 AM, Volcano said:

13 JUL scenario:

Warlords of Paderborn-4019d

A suggestion regarding region names; having the names 'North/East/South/West' seemed to cause a bit of confusion, perhaps just using the names 'November/Echo/Sierra/Whiskey' would be better.

Cheers

• Moderators
On 7/17/2018 at 3:59 AM, Bond_Villian said:

A suggestion regarding region names; having the names 'North/East/South/West' seemed to cause a bit of confusion, perhaps just using the names 'November/Echo/Sierra/Whiskey' would be better.

Cheers

Both exist. Originally it was just NESW, the idea was that people should say "Objective North" not just "north". Then I added the phonetic names because of the complaints, but I think the original names are too embedded to easily change at this point (conditions, events, briefings x4).  Also, if confusion exists then I would assume that the CO of the side would enforce something (like 'only use the phonetic names').

That said, if I have time then I will take a look at doing away with the direction names on the objectives.... B|

• Moderators
On 7/14/2018 at 12:57 PM, Gibsonm said:

I don't.

Can we please in lieu of map updates give an indication in the briefings as to who has what?

Initially Challenger 2s are easy to work out, as are M1s but two sides have similar Leo 2 variants.

Then the reinforcements turn up and it just becomes a rock show.

Sorry that you don't look forward to the scenario again. When you see it come up in the list, just skip the session (don't want to ruin it for everyone else after all). 

As for mentioning the exact reinforcements, this won't work. The reinforcement numbers and types varies depending on what objectives you own at the moment, and trying to explain that for four sides, and on each of the four sides is not worth the trouble. 

• Moderators

20 JUL scenario:

Recon-Attack 01-multinational-CN-3025a

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• This is a COOP, there is no planning intended. It is suppose to start immediately and the planning takes place on the fly while the recon probes forward.

From the briefing: 
    ***NO PLANNING, SKIP THE PLANNING PHASE AND GO TO THE EXECUTION PHASE IMMEDIATELY ONCE EVERYONE HAS LOADED THE SCENARIO. PLANNING IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE IN THE EXECUTION PHASE DURING THE RECONNAISSANCE PERIOD PRIOR TO H-HOUR.***

• Draft? No.
  • Random CO selection? Yes in there aren't any volunteers.
  • The overall CO will also be the A Company CO (unless they don't want to do both).

NOTES:

• Moderators

I can't really do that without splitting the Blue side into several parties. The Blue side is US2000, and the Red slide is China 2000s, and both have a digital camo pattern. That is just how it is now days, digital patterns look similar, although the colors are different (CN has green in it). Of course we need US multicam to replace the ugly obsolete ACU pattern now days though.

Theoretically the scenario could be split into multi parties for DK and UK camo patterns on infantry, but I would have to investigate how extensive that would be with the logic, etc.

You'd then have issues with Artillery as the DK and UK units couldn't access the US artillery - the COs would need to spend time asking the US for fire and the US side would need a dedicated FO.

Same would apply to the logistics. Blue's AH-64s re-armed from my UK logistic elm last time out. If the UK and DK were different sides to Blue then that would not be possible.

Personally, I think a bit of co-ord and knowing where your (and your allies) infantry is would be a small price to pay to retain these other items.

• Moderators

Yes, but I don't want Red to be RU, they are supposed to be CN. The enemy vehicles are modeled after CN side. ;)

It would happen in modern warfare that two side's infantry camouflage might be similar. You just have to be more careful as to where friendlies are via the map is all (and the risk of fratricide is always present)...

• Moderators

27 JUL scenario:

UN Safe Zone-4019e-OMU-MAD

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Need three COs, Red vs. Orange vs. Blue (UN).

• Draft? Yes.
  • Random CO selection? Yes.
  • The three people that CO'd the co-op last week are exempt from the random CO selection.

NOTES: