Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

7 DEC scenario:

TGIF 'Hold The Line' OMU 4023 V1c

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes
  • Random CO selection? Yes.

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.
  • Remember to play within the TGIF House Rules and SB.com community rules.

• Moderators

14 DEC scenario:

TF Deutschland 1978-4019b

(Big 1978 Cold War battle; this is a large scenario, if we don't have enough players [minimum ~5 blue, ~10 red], then we will play something smaller)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes (Blue chooses first, but Red has 2x picks every round)
  • Random CO selection? Yes for BLUE, No for RED (Red has a regimental size force, so volunteer basis only).

NOTES:

• Avoid studying the enemy's side; only gather intel from the briefing and exposed enemy unit icons (enemy intel), and briefly looking over both sides to figure out which one you want to CO. Anything beyond that ruins the fog of war element.
  • To avoid passwords, open the scenario in Network Session as HOST and choose the side you want to play and go to planning phase. You may briefly look at both sides like this to see which side you want to play or CO on. As CO, once you choose a side, go to that side and create your plan.

Not quite sure what it was.  Wound up installing SB on a different drive.  Whether that meant I had a corrupted installation or that windows was being anal about thinking SB downloading a scenario was an attempted attack/hack on the system drive I don't know.  It worked is all that matters to me.

Thank you, Assassin.

The result of TGIF was Red got many vehicles across the breakthrough line but Blue was able to destroy them before there were enough across to trigger the victory conditions.  I believe Blue won by destroying enough Red vehicles for Red to be considered combat ineffective.

Edited by TSe419E

• Moderators
On 12/15/2018 at 8:15 PM, TSe419E said:

Not quite sure what it was.  Wound up installing SB on a different drive.  Whether that meant I had a corrupted installation or that windows was being anal about thinking SB downloading a scenario was an attempted attack/hack on the system drive I don't know.  It worked is all that matters to me.

Thank you, Assassin.

The result of TGIF was Red got many vehicles across the breakthrough line but Blue was able to destroy them before there were enough across to trigger the victory conditions.  I believe Blue won by destroying enough Red vehicles for Red to be considered combat ineffective.

It works now? Wohoo! Awesome. Trial and error until the problem gets (usually accidentally) fixed, that is my experience with PC issues. O.o 

Yes, thanks for helping him out Assassin. :) It would be interesting to know what the problem actually was, but it seems like a freak thing, and if it is gone now, them maybe we won't see it again.

As for the mission, it was very close. We thought we were done when the south broke through (we said as much at the time), but was able to scrape together just enough tanks (who were all low on ammo) to try to stop the breakthrough. It wasn't looking good, but we managed to hang on, just barely!

Good game on both sides, its a tough/gut wrenching scenario, for sure - usually always a close one. 

edit: And nice job by both COs for stepping up, its one of the toughest missions to CO, due to size of forces. You can CO anything if you CO that one. B|

9 minutes ago, Volcano said:

It works now? Wohoo! Awesome. Trial and error until the problem gets (usually accidentally) fixed, that is my experience with PC issues. O.o 

Yes, thanks for helping him out Assassin. :) It would be interesting to know what the problem actually was, but it seems like a freak thing, and if it is gone now, them maybe we won't see it again.

I just overheard snippets but I think the issue was some mods (no idea as to which ones) in the Application area "C:\whatever\Steel Beasts" as opposed to in the User area "C:\Users\account name\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\"

Doing a vanilla install (no mods) worked then adding the mods to the user area provided the desired outcome, while retaining the ability to download.

Edited by Gibsonm

After playing the Kanium session yesterday I asked Assassin if I could test it again and it failed once more.  Very frustrating.

I uninstalled everything, again, then reinstalled it and just got finished testing it (with Assassin's assistance again) and it worked.

I then made all the changes, one at a time with retesting after each, that I had made Saturday evening trying to try to localize where the issue is coming from.

It did not fail so I haven't a clue as to what was causing it.

Thanks again to Assassin for his help.

4 hours ago, Volcano said:

As for the mission, it was very close. We thought we were done when the south broke through (we said as much at the time), but was able to scrape together just enough tanks (who were all low on ammo) to try to stop the breakthrough. It wasn't looking good, but we managed to hang on, just barely!

Good game on both sides, its a tough/gut wrenching scenario, for sure - usually always a close one. 

edit: And nice job by both COs for stepping up, its one of the toughest missions to CO, due to size of forces. You can CO anything if you CO that one. B|

Your welcome, always willing to help. Just glad to see that Cav is able to join us in TGIF and Kanium missions again.

Edited by Assassin 7

• Moderators

21 DEC scenario:

Civil War Krasnovia-Scania-4010a

(Or something smaller, if we don't have at least 12)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

I'd like to ask something regarding the TGIF (My Tuesday) games. I know in the past someone said they didn't want their voice used in any recordings. I 100% understand and respect that. Now its totally possible for my to pipe my audio for team speak out one set of speakers, and my game audio out another, as I all ready do this. Game though PC speakers, Team Speak though my head set and it work fantastic.

But I want to ask if it would be ok to stream the game? I'd of course cut out Team Speak so any one watching would only hear my mic and the in game sounds while I would still be able to hear Team Speak and talk to my team. I am trying to, as a hobby since others have been cut, get more into streaming my gaming for fun and it could be a way of showing of Steel Beasts. And I figured I'd ask before hand.

I hope to make tomorrow nights game (on the 28th) for more leaning and trying not to get killed.

I would recommend recording the game and uploading at your convenience to Youtube. There are free video recording and editing softwares available, and there are several workarounds for splitting your audio. Jump into TS early and someone can help you out with it (Rotar, CavGunner, myself and others record sessions https://www.steelbeasts.com/topic/10664-we-love-videos/?page=21&tab=comments#comment-186408 ).

While i dont know of any firm 'rule' regarding streaming of TGIF, i dont think its necessary or a good idea (for the reasons mentioned).

4 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Yes, basically one side could get a live feed of the others graphics, locations, weak points and plan. :(

I think its called "stream sniping" or similar?

That was a thought I had as well. And then to counter that I could and would add a considerable delay to the stream if I where to go through with it. So even if you did get any thing from the stream it would be older information. Also I primary play from the gunner and commander seat, so you'd only really see my tank. But I think I'll hold off till I can find some people to do a Co-op session, or we do a TGIF Co-op session.

32 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Also, arent you in Vegas? :)

I am. And my work schedule means that Fridays are my Tuesday. And Satruday is the day I have to be at work by 8AM

• Moderators

28 DEC scenario:

Island Invasion 02-4019a-OMU

(Or something smaller, if we don't have at least 12)

SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:

• Draft? Yes.

NOTES:

3 hours ago, Vikingo said:

hey! any chance to download Civil War Krasnovia-Scania-4010a Saw a video at youtube and was great. Want to try/test it here. Did a search at files but didn't find it. Also TF Deutschland 1978-4019b Looks nice. Thanks!  ^_^

Here ya go.

These are multiplayer scenarios, so you'll need a bunch of dudes to play with unless youre able/willing to do a shitload of scripting

TF Deutschland 1978-4004.sce

Civil War Krasnovia-Scania-4010a.sce

2 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Here ya go.

These are multiplayer scenarios, so you'll need a bunch of dudes to play with unless youre able/willing to do a shitload of scripting

Yes, they are designed for ten players (or so) per side.

Not really what you'd call "single player friendly".

Edited by Gibsonm