We love photos

Koen

I remember my Mother telling me that my Grandfather, who served in the 168th Infantry Regiment in France during WWI, only talked about two things from his WWI experience . One was that the soldiers had to stop marching in step when they came to a bridge and the other was that it bothered him that the boxcars they rode in had stenciled on the side "HOMMES 40  CHEVAUX 8". That eight horses were equal to forty men! He saw irony in that.  I found this picture when searching for 40&8 Boxcars on the Internet which must be identical with his experience.

5D1u3Vx.jpg

Conn

Edited by Connaugh

• 1 month later...

4133329.JPG

My father (the signaller) in But, New Guinea, March 1945. His best mate (Lucky Campbell, my courtesy uncle growing up) just by him, with the bare head. I have a big copy of this framed on my wall. I have a few other AWM photos featuring him in New Guinea during the Aitape-Wewak campaign and others from his mother's collection, but they aren't in the public AWM collection. They have an amazing searchable collection here: https://www.awm.gov.au/advanced-search

• 2 weeks later...

A Leopard 2a6 (M+ ?) of 414 Panzer Battalion equipped with a SAAB BT46 Training system at an assembly area at Gefechts Übungs Zentrum Heer, February 2018.

2018-02-26 15.35.33.jpg

Edited by rump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

While I'm sure that you're jesting, I would like to remind you that some people (like, the Secret Service) never take such a joke at face value. You may want to edit your post, especially if you're planning to visit the USA anytime soon.