We love photos

Koen

On 5/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, Ssnake said:

While I'm sure that you're jesting, I would like to remind you that some people (like, the Secret Service) never take such a joke at face value. You may want to edit your post, especially if you're planning to visit the USA anytime soon.

Your right, i deleted my previous post even though i thought the post was innocent enough at the time.

We live in a different era now, I forget sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, one of the artists after years of complaining that the terrain in Steel Beasts looked totally unrealistic ... when I took him to a vantage point near my hometown and he got out of the care, his spontaneous reaction was "Man, this totally looks like Steel Beasts!"

Of course, he was from a region that didn't look like it at all. Which nicely explained why we were in happy disagreement for years. :)

• Members

That may be due to the quality of the source data. While (at least internally) Steel Beasts already can handle sub-meter mesh width terrain databases, and while the traditional width is 12.5m, if the digitized terrain database was of 50, or even 100m resolution the result will inevitably be perceived as much more flat and open than reality may be.