We love photos

Koen

• Members

Nitpick, from max altitude at 160m diving to 2m altitude over 800m range means a dive angle of 11.2°, not 45° as stated in the video. By raising the detonation point by one meter, the impact point of a HEAT jet could be shifted about five meters to the rear one meter below - which, taken at face value, might actually make the HEAT jet pass over the engine deck into the ground below.

That at least seems to be the logic behind the construction. Maybe the Javelin dives later and at a steeper angle than the diagram in the operator's manual suggests.

Strange paint job?...Front attack on a Stinger that employs two-color rosette scanning seeker with infrared (IR) / ultraviolet (UV) detectors to acquire the targets. Heat is back from front where the missle is tracking.

And the production of the vid.

either a drone, or fake till anyone can find a Mi 24 with that paint scheme.

Ghost of Kiev?????

Just not convinced at this point....:)

2 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Странная окраска? ... Фронтальная атака на Stinger, который использует  двухцветную розетку, сканирующую ГСН с инфракрасными (ИК) / ультрафиолетовыми (УФ) детекторами для захвата целей. Жара сзади, там, где летит ракета.

И производство видео.

либо дрон, либо подделка, пока кто-нибудь не найдет Ми 24 с такой окраской.

Призрак Киева?????

Просто не уверен в этом....:)

Yes, ukrainian helicopterIMG_20220305_212511_278.jpg.174cd19f299f86ebca4e58642944fd3b.jpgIMG_20220305_212516_825.jpg.0e0776d350ea0c59f4d23dfb94b25aa4.jpg

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

If it is a fake it is a very elaborate one.

Well that's possible, video is everywhere, I for one see cell evidence as creditable over network sources.

Question to me is, where there is 30M plus cellphones operating in country (not all lost connectivity) there are very few, this fact makes has me searching for confirmation on said vid, and others.

Time well shad some light on this dark event.

3 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Seen frame by frame, inconclusive.

Really?

Ive never fired a Stinger,but if fired at an angle fired from the front side wouldnt the missle strike where it did in the video.The distance was very close and neither the missile or the Helo had time to react.

2 hours ago, mpow66m said:

Really?

Ive never fired a Stinger,but if fired at an angle fired from the front side wouldnt the missle strike where it did in the video.The distance was very close and neither the missile or the Helo had time to react.

Yes, what you say is generally correct, but if you were to fake such a event, would you not try to make it look real?

We don't know the source, the wpn, and the location to confirm event . And no audio seems odd for such a high qual vid.

Just one of many posted without any confirmation evidence.

I shall remain undecided till more info comes known.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:27 AM, Rad said:

It's a long trail of black exhaust from the engine.

If this were a diesel powerplant I would agree with that,

however

There are very few pictures of any Mil type helo that this (black exhaust from a gas turbine ) to be found.

As a rule such powerplants don't show this effect, and if any certainly not the amount in the above vid.

I'm calling BS on "black exhaust from the engine" as a certainly.