Jump to content
Koen

We love photos

Recommended Posts

Hungary, Hortobagy, not that far from Debrecen

 

FE5D22E9-6752-482C-A713-8532BB4EBDD4.jpeg

Edited by Koen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 11:33 PM, 12Alfa said:

image.thumb.png.d01890450d901d1510529cc784cda00d.pngimage.png.14e74a087a2fb393b0521d5079049e07.pngimage.png.1e6135b50eb227f4d3f429e468017686.png

Does, anybody else think sending tanks in to a urban combat situation is a bad idea

Even with infantry support there just to vulnerable to RPG/ATGM teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Marko said:

Does, anybody else think sending tanks in to a urban combat situation is a bad idea

Even with infantry support there just to vulnerable to RPG/ATGM teams

We train for this, not the best mission/ tasking, however the Inf do need support, and, it's one of our roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite its shortcomings and the negation of a lot of advantages of a tank in an urban environment, it's still the most survivable combat vehicle type. Whether tankers like it or not, they will be sent into cities, so better be prepared for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Despite its shortcomings and the negation of a lot of advantages of a tank in an urban environment, it's still the most survivable combat vehicle type. Whether tankers like it or not, they will be sent into cities, so better be prepared for it.

image.jpeg.17b4b6cc21086d4636481cdd44d6c526.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Despite its shortcomings and the negation of a lot of advantages of a tank in an urban environment, it's still the most survivable combat vehicle type. Whether tankers like it or not, they will be sent into cities, so better be prepared for it.

During our holidays in Basra we drove into town on Ops to purely become RPG magnets to keep them away from the Warriors. The other advantage was everyone was intent on scalping a tank so the dismounts took a bit less incoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CR2_Commander said:

During our holidays in Basra we drove into town on Ops to purely become RPG magnets to keep them away from the Warriors. The other advantage was everyone was intent on scalping a tank so the dismounts took a bit less incoming.

 

Amazing what Squaddies will get up to when left to their own devices. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T-80BV photographed by BRIXMIS. Since tanknet is gone: this was the latest tank fielded in the GSFG/WGF right? No T-80U was deployed to units in East Germany?

Also watch this video, especially the Western target recon mock-ups gave me a bit of the chills:

 

T-80BV GSFG 01.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DemolitionMan said:

Since tanknet is gone:

www.tank-net.com  -  not entirely "gone", no longer entirely it's former self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×