Jump to content
Koen

We love photos

Recommended Posts

I suspect they used inert rounds to stage the photo, and they probably didn't have more than those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 4:09 AM, Gibsonm said:

They probably need more than nine rounds. ;)

Only decandent west needs more rounds. Russian gunners so acccurate, every round is kill 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Where they store all that stuff? 

Pockets, duh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Where they store all that stuff? 

Packing any AFV with its combat loadout....is highly advanced 3D TETRIS  😛

Edited by Grenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, Grenny said:

Packing any AFV with its combat loadout....is highly advanced 3D TETRIS  😛

In Kosovo we were given a full bomb load for CR1 and told to keep hold of the 7.62 ammo boxes. That was a storage  challenge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CR2_Commander said:

In Kosovo we were given a full bomb load for CR1 and told to keep hold of the 7.62 ammo boxes. That was a storage  challenge.

Imagine trying to pack the full combat loadout into an IFV...and then someone comes along to say:

"We may not be able to resupply you for 3-4 days, so add Food and Water* accordingly" (for 9 People) 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Grenny said:

Imagine trying to pack the full combat loadout into an IFV...and then someone comes along to say:

"We may not be able to resupply you for 3-4 days, so add Food and Water* accordingly" (for 9 People) 😱

Its called the roof. ;)

 

We have become adept over time with "external stowage".

 

Although it got to the point that we needed to add a vehicle to some organisations to support extended patrolling (e.g. a Cav Troop) where the 1 x APC has been replaced with 2 x APC (each carrying half a section) but also carrying the additional "stuff" required.

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you leave some people unchecked, they would add a rubber dinghy to the packing plan for a desert mission, "just in case".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Its called the roof. ;)

 

We have become adept over time with "external stowage".

 

Although it got to the point that we needed to add a vehicle to some organisations to support extended patrolling (e.g. a Cav Troop) where the 1 x APC has been replaced with 2 x APC (each carrying half a section) but also carrying the additional "stuff" required.

 

You know, our roof has hatches the we want to open...and we where no cav  😉

You can(and we did) hang stuff on the outside of the vehicle, but you only must put shit there that is not a game breaker when you loose it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October 30th, 1973: IDF recover the two Centurions (of the 430th armored battalion, 500th armored brigade) that sank into the 18-meters-deep Suez Canal, with 6 of their crew members, on the night of October 18th -19th, when carried from Sinai to Egypt by a Gillois amphibious tank carrier that was directly hit by Egyptian artillery.

One of the dead, the H company CO (previously V company XO, promoted to replace casualties), could escape as the loader and driver did, but instead he tried to pull out the gunner and both drowned with their tank. His father, a reserve Ordnance Corps lieutenant colonel, was told about the drowning when he met the 430th battalion near Suez City while searching for his son. He then settled by the drowning place and waited for almost a week until his son's body was finally recovered.

The complex recovery, lead by the best-known IDF ordnance Corps tank recovery expert (standing on the turret in the second picture), involved the use of divers and several vehicles, including a heavy crane, M88 and Centurion ARVs.

 

41650161_2146957001983528_39319576136248

 

71584939_10221036014516050_3005579699553

 

Edited by Iarmor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...