Night vision for driver?

oscar19681

I was wondering while reading through the development news , if we get low light envirements that come close to pitch black and the AI driver is gonna drive slower becuase of it will we see some nightvision in the drivers position when manned by the player? and simulated night vision for the AI?

• Members

Right now there is an option in the mission editor to keep a minimum light level; e.g. at 30% navigation is difficult but still possible. Obviously that's a temporary solution, in the medium term we will have to implement image intensifier type NVGs.

• Members
Now that we are covering the low light aspect of the patch anyway, will there be any use for the beam light on the leo2a5dk,s gun?

Sooner or later we'll have to address that, as well as teaching all the T-72s how - and especially when, and when not - to use their searchlights. I don't expect this to be part of the next release though.

• Members

Personally, I think the current implementation is best suited for creating atmosphere. Maybe it will also work well for multiplayer games (if you like knife fights). I have created the one or other test scenario that starts a few minutes before sunrise or where night falls near the end of the mission. That works well, and it avoids the kind of trouble that is related to those imperfections.

what do you mean by "knife fights"? *grabs K-bar*

Its when your poking the enemy tank with your big gun.

(okay, that sounds wrong)

Realistically its anything under 1200m.

Fastest trigger wins. (in a Leo I find the backspace key invaluable)

See the book: Heavy Metal.

Its all about charlie company 3rd ID in 2003

Which only aggravates the tendancy for short range contacts in European type terrain.

IIRC the average daytime-clear ranges are near 1000-1500m for much of the built-up, rural central european plains (yes I know that sounds like a contradiction, but it isn't really ;) )

From what I gather Finland/Sweden are even more restricted as there are no dominating heights to open up long vistas.

Which only aggravates the tendancy for short range contacts in European type terrain.

IIRC the average daytime-clear ranges are near 1000-1500m for much of the built-up, rural central european plains (yes I know that sounds like a contradiction, but it isn't really ;) )

From what I gather Finland/Sweden are even more restricted as there are no dominating heights to open up long vistas.

I read a table once, or a map rather from the armys HQ that listed average view distance in sweden. Down here in the open Scania it was like 1500-2000m, Further up in "småland" it was like 200-400m :D

its the moose you have to be careful about. you'll rarely, if ever see a bear, but moose,

they're never happy to see you. up where i lived in alta, you'd frequently see moose,

and there was always some story about people getting attacked by them(my mother was attacked twice during my childhood living there) and everyone in my class had some story about being chased by moose.