THE RETURN OF FIRST CLASH

12Alfa

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Date?

We have a Public Holiday approaching in March which means I can make your Sunday night, my Monday morning, event.

4 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

As per Kanium 25 Feb

Ok well:

1. The Public Holiday I'm tracking is in March, as per my post, so 25 FEB isn't March.

You'd better remove me from the manning chart.

2. Not everyone visits the Kanium Forum for things publicised here.

There is a calendar here, is it too much to ask that people use it?

Edited by Gibsonm

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Ok well:

1. The Public Holiday I'm tracking is in March, as per my post, so 25 FEB isn't March.

You'd better remove me from the manning chart.

2. Not everyone visits the Kanium Forum for things publicised here.

There is a calendar here, is it too much to ask that people use it?

I/we are a slave of Kaniun calendar (saying that in a god way) my bad. Will post to SB calendar for next (if i remember, I have a good memory, just short), so no, its not to much to ask, I know better, going outside to do 5 pushups, to redeem myself :) :)

Edited by 12Alfa

2 hours ago, Kingtiger said:

Kilo 2

I asume that the compass is working in this scenario? 

Yes, however, I always found a compass was for the navigational challenged.  :)

Map has been cleaned up, testing by others report better frame rates. Arty fixed, rdy to go on start etc.

Edited by 12Alfa

5 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Yes, however, I always found a compass was for the navigational challenged.  :)

Map has been cleaned up, testing by others report better frame rates. Arty fixed, rdy to go on start etc.

Its not about that, I rarely use a compass in real life as i work in a APC that fucks compasses up. its about having to control 1-2 vehicles with total of 2-4 infantry teams that change direction whenever they feel like as dictated by events and enemy threats (not to talk about remembering what team and vehicle is facing what direction), so every time you djump to a unit you have no fucking clue where they are looking. if I had ONE infantry team to follow I would not have a problem with the compass disabled.

Edited by Kingtiger

I agree with KT. In real life I would only use my compass if walking on a route cross country, and then only to validate a compass direction once I reach a given terrain feature designated from the last compass check. 

But as SB is an Emulation, then I dont have the same situational awareness.

Hence the compass is a necessity

1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

Its not about that, I rarely use a compass in real life as i work in a APC that fucks compasses up. its about having to control 1-2 vehicles with total of 2-4 infantry teams that change direction whenever they feel like as dictated by events and enemy threats (not to talk about remembering what team and vehicle is facing what direction), so every time you djump to a unit you have no fucking clue where they are looking. if I had ONE infantry team to follow I would not have a problem with the compass disabled.

1 hour ago, Kingtiger said:

Rgr that, I understand, and feel your pain :) Baby sitting the INF here, or in RL is a full time job. :)

Edited by 12Alfa

Near as I can tell, this mission will go off at 1200 MST, on Sunday the 25th and finally, I am going to try MP. Having never gone "live" I am concerned about my head set and the team speak situation. Do you need "push to talk" on the head set and mic? I have two head sets, one with and one without. I am not sure how to set up the push to talk as the one set has a USB and two plug ins. I also have never connected as a client in a network game but I will show up early and get some help on Sunday.

I would appreciate azimuth enabled.

2 hours ago, dpabrams said:

Near as I can tell, this mission will go off at 1200 MST, on Sunday the 25th and finally, I am going to try MP. Having never gone "live" I am concerned about my head set and the team speak situation. Do you need "push to talk" on the head set and mic? I have two head sets, one with and one without. I am not sure how to set up the push to talk as the one set has a USB and two plug ins. I also have never connected as a client in a network game but I will show up early and get some help on Sunday.

Most people use a key on the keyboard to activate the microphone. If you headset has the "push to talk" button built in I'm not sure how that works.

4 hours ago, dpabrams said:

I just saw a calendar entry for this mission for Saturday the 24th now at 9 PM? I am confused.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=1CAD%2FKANIUM+SUNDAY+25TH+OF+FEB+1900+UTC+"FIRST+CLASH%2C+%234"+BY+12ALFA&iso=20180225T19&p1=%3A&ah=3

Hey Click on the link and see the time and date in local time

On the TS setup if you have time come early and we will help you with the setup

Just put this "teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077" in the address field off a new bookmark on TS and you will join us we are there usually 1 hour before game start or join us on discord directly via the link below:

https://discordapp.com/invite/bHNEWk?utm_source=Discord Widget&utm_medium=Connect then you can almost always get 1 of us online

And remember you don't have to join us to be on our Discord or to play with us, we only wont to play with you when you feel like it and family is more important then SB 

MD

Edited by Major duck

SQN CO has passed his orders, Troop leaders and the Mech Inf commanders are now doing their map recce, and writing their orders to brief their troops, expect the trace, with orders within the next 24hrs.

Get some sleep, eat, and prepare your vehicles and weponds,

Sunday is going to be busy for A SQN

Leopard C1 with Track Width Mine Plow..jpg

3 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Whatever happened to "the Horse, the saddle, the man"?

Prepare your vehicles and weapons first. Sleep then eat comes later. ;)

So true, stables for us old farts, but this is a tide pod eating generation (not pointing at anyone here) though I'd change it up.

4 days maneuvering, 1 day maintenance.