Web-cam

Fred Williams

• Members

I think an unfiltered streaming of a mission is likely to deter more people than it may attractc, to be honest. The really large missions involve a fair bit of downtime for every individual player. A lot of that is made up by suspense and/or your attempts to guess at what the situation is and to keep tabs on what the others are doing in the team, but that doesn't transport well in the pure video stream. Therefore, editing out times of travel or of just waiting in an ambush is probably more helpful in that the end result probably transports the excitement that you feel better while not creating the impression on the viewer's end that he's the friend watching you play with the model trains but who is never trusted with the controls.

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I think an unfiltered streaming of a mission is likely to deter more people than it may attractc, to be honest. The really large missions involve a fair bit of downtime for every individual player. A lot of that is made up by suspense and/or your attempts to guess at what the situation is and to keep tabs on what the others are doing in the team, but that doesn't transport well in the pure video stream. Therefore, editing out times of travel or of just waiting in an ambush is probably more helpful in that the end result probably transports the excitement that you feel better while not creating the impression on the viewer's end that he's the friend watching you play with the model trains but who is never trusted with the controls.

Yes Ssnake

This was a 6,5 hour session that now fills 1,43 hours with AAR sequences added in to explain what happened. :)

But i will just butt out now as you explain it much better then i was going to do Thanks.

MD

+1 for vid stream with comment and explanation.

But yeah tends to be very long and with periods of nothing happening can turn a bit boring. 

When filming I tend to throw it all in there cause I simply don't have the time to edit to much. 

I enjoy edited content with comments still. 

Much can be said by either method. 

I use Shadow play that came with my gfx card and it works great. 

Edited by Swordsmandk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I have OBS also I'm doing some work up to live stream on OBS-GE-Force- Facebook- Tank Gunnery for now but i'm running the Team-Yankee sce.hope to stream it for my buddies Just wanted to let you no I served in 1977-1984 West-Germany My first unit was B Troop 3/7th Cav Garry-Owen Ledward barracks Schweinfurt West-Germany M-551 Sheridan then M60A1-Rise Re-upped and went to the 3 BN 64 Armor Co C  at Conn Barracks Schweinfurt aka Pig-town West-Germany I re-upped for the Abrams we were the very first unit to receive them in Germany traded in are M60A2 Star-Ships for them But I must say I was part of the great CATC-83 and we won for the very first time we smoked the other competition Great times brother.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow 3/4 Cav was my old 3/7 Cav changed over in what -81-82 to the 3/4 all scouts no moor Tanks 3rd ID scouts...yeah I was already gone when you were in...had some good Ol times in Pig town and up in  Border camp- camp-Harris-Coburg...Garry-Owen. Was so good to turn over are Starships'' -'' A-Deuce'' for a real kick ass Tank are M1-Abrams.