Jump to content
dpabrams

SB does not detect CH Combatstick (FIXED)

Recommended Posts

I feel like I am becoming that pain in the ass guy but 4.023 was running great until the sim no longer was taking input from my joystick. I checked the USB connections and restarted. The CH stick shows in the device and printers menu, I can calibrate it in the CH software and I refreshed and made sure I have joystick checked in the controls menu of SB. Any ideas?

 

Pete

Edited by dpabrams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sim reads my other input device the Cedeq Enterpad. I checked my windows updates, sound and video drivers and all are up to date.  Trouble with DirectX 11 I am am told is that it is part of Windows 7 Pro- 64-bit. All I can think to do now is reinstall SB Pro PE 4.023?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

In the properties of your CH stick, go to "advanced properties" and make it the "preferred device".

In device manager and devices and printers, the menu's I have for the CH Combatstick are limited and do not have an "advanced properties menu". I have tabs for General/ Driver/ Details and none of these tabs show a "advanced properties menu". I have Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I have never had this problem and it came on yesterday. My PC sees the stick, I can calibrate it but the sim does not. The sim does see my Enterpad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm sure that if you unplug the Enterpad, the CH stick will be recognized by Steel Beasts. What I'm nor sure about is whether that will stay this way when you plug it in again. MS has changed the way how this was handled over time. They started with assigning IDs to each individual game controller on the USB, and I think that's still what's going on under the hood. At some point you could only set ID1, then that changed to the "preferred device".

Still, under Windows 7 there still is the option to vierw and edit the properties of a game controller, with an "Advanced" button or tab that opens the dialog to make it the preferred device.

 

I have Win 7 in a virtual machine here, but I have no joysticks connected, so I have to work from memory here. Windows 10, needless to say, does things differently again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this a Hotas setup with multiple USB inputs?. If so make sure you are not running them in combined mode. I had similar problems with the warthog as doing so put the device into "DirectX" mode which SB doesn't like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 9:21 AM, Ssnake said:

Well, I'm sure that if you unplug the Enterpad, the CH stick will be recognized by Steel Beasts. What I'm nor sure about is whether that will stay this way when you plug it in again. MS has changed the way how this was handled over time. They started with assigning IDs to each individual game controller on the USB, and I think that's still what's going on under the hood. At some point you could only set ID1, then that changed to the "preferred device".

Still, under Windows 7 there still is the option to vierw and edit the properties of a game controller, with an "Advanced" button or tab that opens the dialog to make it the preferred device.

 

I have Win 7 in a virtual machine here, but I have no joysticks connected, so I have to work from memory here. Windows 10, needless to say, does things differently again.

OK, I have removed the Enterpad and tried the Combatstick alone in several USB ports and still have no stick in the sim. I do now see the "Advanced" button, however the Combatstick is not listed as a device or any device for that matter that I may chose. I don't get it?

Image1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, DarkAngel said:

Is this a Hotas setup with multiple USB inputs?. If so make sure you are not running them in combined mode. I had similar problems with the warthog as doing so put the device into "DirectX" mode which SB doesn't like.

I was running a Combatstick and a Enterpad for well over a year with versions 4.0 and up and now all of a sudden I cannot run the Combatstick?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

You have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?. Looks like thereis no driver running for the joystick.

Good on that Dark.

Image2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the joystick doesn't show up in Windows, there's something wrong. Assuming you have the CH Control Center installed, make sure the joystick isn't disabled there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rotareneg said:

If the joystick doesn't show up in Windows, there's something wrong. Assuming you have the CH Control Center installed, make sure the joystick isn't disabled there.

The joystick shows up in windows and I am able to calibrate in the CH Control Center, the joystick does NOT show up in the sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The screenshot you posted a few posts back shows that it is not listed in the Game Controllers window, that means that Windows isn't seeing the joystick as an input device.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

The screenshot you posted a few posts back shows that it is not listed in the Game Controllers window, that means that Windows isn't seeing the joystick as an input device.

Is it there now?Image2.thumb.jpg.1fe6bf04a4b783422966aded34d7aaf0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyhow, I am unable to do a restore to before the "critical Update" on 1-16-2018 which I believe started this whole mess. I get the usual it's your AV, so I disabled the AV and I am still unable to do a system restore prior to 1-16-2018. Suck to be me. Is there anyone else having this issue? I am dead in the water. No stick no sim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the joystick isn't showing up here, it isn't going to work in any program:

 

Image1.jpg

 

I suggest you start by unplugging the joystick and then uninstalling the CH drivers. After doing that and rebooting, plug the joystick back in and see if it shows up in the game controller window. If it does, you can go ahead and install the CH drivers and check that window again to make sure Windows can see the joystick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue with my Saitek X-55 (with a previous update) and I have seen elsewhere that this most recent update has caused other devices to fail.

Edited by TSe419E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rotareneg said:

I suggest you start by unplugging the joystick and then uninstalling the CH drivers. After doing that and rebooting, plug the joystick back in and see if it shows up in the game controller window. If it does, you can go ahead and install the CH drivers and check that window again to make sure Windows can see the joystick.

OK, that worked. Un-calibrated and needs to be programmed but it's there at least. THANKS Rotar!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...