M1A2 SEP TC CITV sight LOS offset when stab damage is active

Assassin 7

You have stab failure. Your in the TC's station F1 or F3 view doesn't matter. When looking at your CITV sight your sight offsets from the gun LOS in super elevation. In normal mode the sight should always follow the gun via CITV GLOS and GPS GLOS and in emergency mode the sights follow the gun for both modes. BUG: you can see the gun in the CITV sight while stab damage is active, your CITV sight is staying inline with the terrain while you can move the gun up or down without the sight following from the TC's station while the palm switch is engaged. In normal mode should not be movement at all until your FCS is switched to Emergency when stab damage is active.

SS_22_29_46.jpg

4 hours ago, Ssnake said:

While I disagree with you in the point that sights would follow the gun (it's rather the opposite - but the effect is very similar), I do agree that the observed behavior sounds like a bug.

Yeah your right it’s a typo: correction Normal mode gun follows sights via GPS GLOS and CITV GLOS and in Emergency mode sights would follow the gun. Sorry good catch 

• Moderators

This is a little confusing. Is this shorter description of the issue correct?

'When the M1A2 has stabilization damage, in CITV GLOS or GPS GLOS modes the CITV sight does not go up and down with gun elevation.'

Or am I missing something in that description?  I'm trying to shorten it into as few words as possible to remove any confusion. ;)

8 hours ago, Volcano said:

This is a little confusing. Is this shorter description of the issue correct?

'When the M1A2 has stabilization damage, in CITV GLOS or GPS GLOS modes the CITV sight does not go up and down with gun elevation.'

Or am I missing something in that description?  I'm trying to shorten it into as few words as possible to remove any confusion. ;)

Yes, this is correct while the FCS is set to emergency mode.

Edited by Assassin 7