Flight Sims

Apocalypse 31

• 4 months later...

certainly an interesting read nice to see the military getting 'wet' over cloud and SaaS but its not an unfamiliar story to me.

Isn't the point of that presentation to drive simplification and cost saving though? Utilising new technologies to place multiple requirements on a single modular platform?

I can see it would be a challenge for any organisation and its happening across the industry not just in the Military 

That said I don't want to hijack this thread so here is some gratuitous A4E these guys really deserve the plug 

Yea the a4e looks really good high fidelity sim for something from the community made for free.

Although I'm a bit surprised this version of the a4e is a late mod ( given the humpback it has ecm package ) doesn appear to have a an/apr 25 radar warning reciever ( or any at all).

Edited by Kev2go

• 11 months later...

BTW, from what I understand (read), ED has a new policy for new projects. Goes something like this, If a project is dropped for what ever reason, before it´s officially finished (case of VEAO´s Hawk), then ED gets to keep the unfinished version for it´s completion.  I say this because the Gazelle by Polychop is in some way a unfinished project, in the sence that it dosen´t fly like they said it would.  Let´s hope this NEW project turns out great, as we all love the Kiowa! 😉  Badass Hilo!!!

Edited by Red2112
spelling

4 hours ago, Red2112 said:

BTW, from what I understand (read), ED has a new policy for new projects. Goes something like this, If a project is dropped for what ever reason, before it´s officially finished (case of VEAO´s Hawk), then ED gets to keep the unfinished version for it´s complition.  I say this because the Gazelle by Polychop is in some way a unfinished project, in the sence that it dosen´t fly like they said it would.  Let´s hope this NEW project turns out great, as we all love the Kiowa! 😉  Badass Hilo!!!

I wish they would pickup Razbams F-15E for completion...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Leclerc for DCS @Froggy

The Leclerc Série XXI has been worked on for several months now alongside professional tankists who served on it and will come with absolutely all the FrenchPack advancements in terms of coding and integration, which means :

- Real weaponry values
- As accurate as possible Armor values
- The second most detailed 3D model currently ingame after the F-14. (IE : Real measurements, physical tracks etc etc, and of course LODs in order to do not burn you computer)
- PBR Metalrough textures 2K (Like on screens) and optionnal 4K
- Full commander interior (currently still WIP but should be finished by the end of the month)
- Real commander optical system (HL-120)
- FrenchPack Smoke protection screen
- External API with complete cartographic and Data-Link system allowing it to transmit targets/coordinates to other units by pressing a single button, asking for artillery fire, repair, rearm, which will consist in the simulation of the real life C4ISR ICONE system.

Just like IRL, Leclerc XXI will be able to shoot and hit with 90% accuracy a target on the move while being itself on the move, up to 4000 m, the cumulated velocity difference being 110 km/h thanks to its 30° rotating mirror. The vehicle is frontally very well protected against 1980' ATGM except on the driver area, and frontally very well protected against 125 mm APFSDS from 1500 m

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=264251

DCS really perplexes me.  It looks really good at first and maybe second look.  Some of the videos are outstanding.  But once I start digging below the surface, it always seems to be somewhat a "work-in-process".  And this is the first time I have ever seen a good consolidated list of what is being worked on.  I have always thought they should shutdown in-house releases for six months and just clean crap up.  I know that is unlikely because of cash flow reasons, but it always seems to be that the hole they are digging just gets a little deeper on each EA or release.