Flight Sims

Apocalypse 31

5 minutes ago, Marko said:

Maybe its time for a transfer to army aviation.

Even though my time in the silent service did not go well 

I sunk tons of stuff, shame most of it belonged to my side. LoL

A fun to watch DCS hind mission.

Damn thing is hard to fly but fun IMO

On 6/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, Assassin 7 said:

Damn thing is hard to fly but fun IMO

I was considering a purchase but the learning curve seems too steep 

Don't have the time.

Might download Combined arms again and see if i can down a player controlled hind

As far as i know,  The hind cant mask so there tactic is to literally charge at full throttle.

Edited by Marko

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i bought the combined arms module with a few maps; actually creating a mission and controlling a single vehicle directly like the rest of the program is somewhat difficult to set up- it may be the years of what is basically automatic to do in steel beasts, which i think is more intuitive and has a better GUI even for an older program; stunning graphics- i am not up to date on computer games: i did not realize they had come this far- all rendered very smooth- the ambient light, shadows, , depth of field effects and the incredible amount of object detail even with some generic, repeated structures still give the impression that the map looks similar to the real location. blowing up the las vegas strip and the civilian airport is possible for a few kicks, but doesn't have the same quality of fire smoke effects in steel beasts (which were probably best viewed from the sky rather than ground level for a jet sim initially designed to be viewed from higher altitude). even just great for a drive and taking in the view for some screenshots. despite the noted criticisms of the whole system, based on what i have seen i think it is good enough that i will likely buy the ww2 ground vehicles pack with the normandy map- this is the rare case where the reverse scenario sometimes disproves the common wisdom that great graphics don't necessarily make a good game. i think enough is there even for a sim lite ww2 game, it's the graphics and the large map size which saves its bacon

Screen_220208_223008.png

Screen_220208_212129.png

Screen_220208_212205.png

Screen_220208_213305.png

Screen_220208_221902.png

Screen_220208_222922.png

Screen_220208_213328.png

Screen_220208_213319.png

Screen_220208_222928.png

Screen_220208_213353.png

Screen_220208_222931.png

Screen_220208_213419.png

Screen_220208_213427.png

Screen_220208_213438.png

Screen_220208_214705.png

Screen_220208_221846.png

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

@Red2112

Nuclear Option

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2168680/Nuclear_Option/

A demo was released last week and its pretty damn good for such an early product. It's an Indie-developer Unity project but it already has some great features - like cooperative multiplayer and an incredibly easy mission editor. 

The dev is quite active on his discord and very open to feedback and making changes. 

Edited by Apocalypse 31

8 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

@Red2112

Nuclear Option

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2168680/Nuclear_Option/

A demo was released last week and its pretty damn good for such an early product. It's an Indie-developer Unity project but it already has some great features - like cooperative multiplayer and an incredibly easy mission editor. 

The dev is quite active on his discord and very open to feedback and making changes. 

Yeah I was about to post about It a few days ago. I asked damsonn (a friend from SimHQ) about the flight model, and It seems to be more on the sim side. I didn´t post It thinking the the futuristic them might not appeal to some, but hey glad you like It. I hope It get´s released soon. I put a price tag of 20 bucks on It 😁

I totally forgot about this thread!

Now this Is a surprise! P3D (Prepar3d) hits back with It´s version 6 this July!

While P3D wont look or be like the most recent MSFS 2020, and honestly I don´t think It´s aimed to do so, It does cater to some of us due to a better flight model (at least for now) and a weapons simulation. Back In the day´s, their was a mod for FSX (Microsoft Flight Simulator X) called FSX@War which basically turned FSX Into something like DCS. It also had a editor to create missions. You could already buy dcl planes which had weapons on them but had nothing to shot at, so fsx@war was created.

Here´s a example..

The VRS Superbug was quite a good addon!

Any how´s, back to P3Dv6...

All this Is missing In MSFS2020, and while P3D Is more focused on a training sim and might not have the visual fidelity that MSFS has, It will have these multiplatform tools for those who are not so casual flight simmers, which Is a big welcome!

Home site and source:

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcements/2023/06/121241/

Let´s see how this goes!

Edited by Red2112

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For years I flew Falcon and many of its mods iterations, especially the F-15C cockpit (even if all the displays still had F-16 symbology) until I discovered LOMAC's F-15C. It didn't have a clickable cockpit, and lacked some of its functions (MANY) but I loved it. But LOMAC became FC3/DCS and the F-15's radar/engagement range was nerfed, as were its engines.

Then they fixed the radar/missile ranges, but they nerfed the jet further by having its wings fall off if you pulled over 9G.

As a long time Eagle fanboi, this was FRUSTRATING. I knew it was a Russian-bias thang. And they weren't going to fix it.... so I was forced to settle.

Or do I?

Last month I found out the Falcon 4 mods were not only going strong, they were adding a precious full fidelity F-15C cockpit with: full flight model fidelity, full cockpit functionality, JHMCS, JTIDS, full clickability....

So I uninstalled DCS/FC3 and re-installed Falcon 4, and the latest greatest mod BMS 4.37. The new Eagel cockpit, not yet released, but in testing, look like pic #1. Whereas the older FC3/DCS Eagle pit looks like pic #2 below.

Note pic#1 has an accurate, functional JTIDS (the God's Eye View in lower right display), and it will also feature a JHMCS (helmet mounted display) although incomplete, will l have the simple functions of the unit.

I was about to give up on flight sims until I saw this. I am excited about carving through the skies in my F-15C Eagle again!

ga0guyzcvkbb1.png

Screen_160406_135908.jpg

1 hour ago, iamfritz said:

For years I flew Falcon and many of its mods iterations, especially the F-15C cockpit (even if all the displays still had F-16 symbology) until I discovered LOMAC's F-15C. It didn't have a clickable cockpit, and lacked some of its functions (MANY) but I loved it. But LOMAC became FC3/DCS and the F-15's radar/engagement range was nerfed, as were its engines.

Then they fixed the radar/missile ranges, but they nerfed the jet further by having its wings fall off if you pulled over 9G.

As a long time Eagle fanboi, this was FRUSTRATING. I knew it was a Russian-bias thang. And they weren't going to fix it.... so I was forced to settle.

Or do I?

Last month I found out the Falcon 4 mods were not only going strong, they were adding a precious full fidelity F-15C cockpit with: full flight model fidelity, full cockpit functionality, JHMCS, JTIDS, full clickability....

So I uninstalled DCS/FC3 and re-installed Falcon 4, and the latest greatest mod BMS 4.37. The new Eagel cockpit, not yet released, but in testing, look like pic #1. Whereas the older FC3/DCS Eagle pit looks like pic #2 below.

Note pic#1 has an accurate, functional JTIDS (the God's Eye View in lower right display), and it will also feature a JHMCS (helmet mounted display) although incomplete, will l have the simple functions of the unit.

I was about to give up on flight sims until I saw this. I am excited about carving through the skies in my F-15C Eagle again!

ga0guyzcvkbb1.png

Screen_160406_135908.jpg

Welcome to the club. BMS is much more sophisticated than DCS in everything that matters. DCS does some small things a bit better, but overall BMS blows it out of the water. Once many aircraft are high-fidelity with accurate avionics, DCS is going to start having a tough time given that BMS is almost free and has better functionality in most things.