Flight Sims

Apocalypse 31

Could you imagine if SB had have been adopted by DCS rather then Combined arms it would have been something special.

CA is ok for casual play a bit arcade like for my taste though. 

There's nothing else for it, Esim are going to have to buy DCS and incorporate the two simulations. LoL

I've always enjoyed Combined Arms; it's arcady but actually has a decent selection of playable vehicles. Also, keeping in mind that the purpose of the module is to work with aviation - which can be incredibly fun.

Matt Wagner says: "We have much bigger plans for Combined Arms"

We'll see where they go with it.

Looks real nice! Hope they fixed the "see throught trees" issues with Combined Arms.  As the title says, it´s meant to be used as CA, so play with air/land doctrin is what it´s all about.  We used to have a blast with one side with CA and the other with some K-50´s!

Here´s a neat tool, but make sure you drop the .exe in your BIN file and not in the ROOT file as stated...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

It's fixed. Trees are now collidable and block LOS for AI

Ohhhh!!! Now that´s GREAT news!  So what are we waiting for....:D

Waiting for the official update by the end of the month, then I will install.  (I don´t have any of the new maps)  Also, trying to figure out why the actual update is +/-40GB when your already updated your stable version (1.5.8).  As always DCS is a mystery!

Beta testing a game that dosent support HOTAS input (so far) at the moment, but we are on final, and I have all my outboard gear unplugged so not urgent right now but hope to soon jump back to DCS and have some fun together!

Thanks!

Just viewed this. 

It does look good i have to admit.

The water effects look good especially the wave effects impressed me.

And tunnels, I would love recreate that scene form kelly's heroes where they ambush defensive position via a train tunnel. LoL

Your welcome!

JTAC capability with your FO is just another addition to CA that makes it worth while.  Send in a CAS package in a Joint Ops environment scenario makes gameplay alot of fun and intersting.  9-line, aslo known as "calling the 8 ball", because they omit one line.

--

Edited by Red2112

10 minutes ago, Red2112 said:

Your welcome!

JTAC capability with your FO is just another addition to CA that makes it worth while.  Send in a CAS package in a Joint Ops environment scenario makes gameplay alot of fun and intersting.  9-line, aslo known as "calling the 8 ball", because they omit one line.

--

Indeed JTAC capability is the main reason I purchased CA.

I did once get the opportunity to play a combined arms mission with a competent VU, using Gunships and precision strikes.

While I and a couple of others ran the armoured and mech infantry units.

It was complex but fun. it added a element (IMO) missing in SB currently.

A real game changer I could only imagine how much more challenging something like red tide or the first clash campaigns would have been

If they incorporated CAS.

But I do understand that its not possible using the PE version map size lack of radar etc.