Hello

Opihi1

Aloha

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this I'm sorry!
 I'm interested in this software program and are interested in learning it.
I haven't made the purchase yet. I watched youtube videos and I'm hooked on SteelBeast. I will be signing up for the 1yr subscription. 
I want to where is the closest time zone to mine in Hawaii, so I can get involve and joining a VU(virtual units). 

I do have both the a TeamSpeak 3, and Discord up and running at this present time.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Opihi1 said:

Aloha

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this I'm sorry!

It is. :)

3 minutes ago, Opihi1 said:

I'm interested in this software program and are interested in learning it.
I haven't made the purchase yet. I watched youtube videos and I'm hooked on SteelBeast. I will be signing up for the 1yr subscription. 
I want to where is the closest time zone to mine in Hawaii, so I can get involve and joining a VU(virtual units). 

I do have both the a TeamSpeak 3, and Discord up and running at this present time.

Well, I guess Team ANZAC will be happy to accept a Yank from Hawaii even if you will be playing on different days.

You should check out the calendar function of this board where a lot of (at least the bigger) battles are announced well in advance with date, time, and time zone.

Welcome! 

Be sure to check out the Starter Pack: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

Virtual Units (in my opinion) are definitely the way to go with Steel Beasts! Having to communicate your ideas effectively with your fellow players and ensuring a common level of understanding adds in an entirely new (social) dimension to the program. 

BG ANZAC is definitely worth going to. Although I haven't been able to play a session with them (2 AM on a Thursday is quite a commitment for someone as lazy as I), there are plenty of rave reviews. Bottom line: Gibsonm knows his stuff, and you will definitely become a better Steel Beasts player. Also, expect fun. :)

You might also consider looking into Kanium. We have games every Sunday that start at 09:00 AM your time. You can find some videos on YouTube depicting some of our on-line sessions if you want to get a feel for the culture, mission set, experience required, etc. 

Also, TGIF (Thank God It's Friday) events are held every Friday at 05:00 PM your time as well. These tend to be head-to-head battles in which you get to meet and fight with other players from the community. 

The great thing about Steel Beasts is that VUs aren't treated like some sort of super-secret clubhouse; you can play with as many as you like! A full list is located here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/

I hope to see you around the community! Cheers!

Hi and velcome

We also run get started sessions when needed and we always try to help new players over the hurdle that our sim is, especially as a new guy in multiplayer.

We use discord as our VU chat and lowlevel speech/Com program and everyone is velcome there you don't need to be a member to chat with us and our players are very friendly one has even been "sainted".

and TS as our SB coms program as we simulate radio channels like irl as much as possible

Kanium Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/M6eC2f?utm_source=Discord Widget&utm_medium=Connect

Kanium TS: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077

MD

Edited by Major duck