SB Pro and Voice Attack

Werewolf

Oh that’s weird. Let me check. Perhaps its something I need to enable.

I do see its posted in red with some kind of exclamation mark icon. 

That probably indicates theres something wrong with it. Perhaps I posted it in the wrong catagory.

I’ll delete it and try again in few

Edited by Yskonyn

If you have uploaded it to the site's Downloads section, you'll have to wait for it to be approved by the administrators before you can link to it.

That can take days, sometimes, unless you PM them. (I usually PM Sean)

Edit: The other option would be to just zip it and attach to your post here. Then, anyone logged in could immediately download it.

Edited by Splash

Good to know.

The only other time I uploaded something it was a mission a few years back and I don’t recall it having to be approved, so it didn’t trigger a reaction here now :)

Thanks for the input, I’ll attach it here when I am back at the PC and then upload it to the repo again as well.

yskonyn and the others, I´d also could share my brand new VA profile, but it´s in spanish so I suppose is for little use. If anyone wants it, I could upload it on monday.

One thing that I added, Yskonyn, in case you want to include it in your profile: for turning, I extended the period of pushing the key to 0.5 s, as the default one is almost an instant and therefore SB makes just a tiny turn left or right. I also added a second command for continuous turning. If I say "driver, left" VA sends a continuous "A" press, without releasing and the tank turns left continuously. When I say "straight", VA releases the "A" and the tank stops turning. That is handy for big turns, but it´s quite imprecise. 

Hi @marques ! I have indeed used the SHIFT variant to make the driver turn 22,5 degrees per command. It works fine for my purpose, but you could also make it a toggle command, so that the driver keeps on turning until you state something like 'Forward' again.

The thing is, though, that I always have my hand on the keyboard anyway, so usually I remain in control of where the tank goes at all times. It's only when scanning around that its handy to have the autopilot Driver commands available, but then again, the vehicle usually is on a route anyway and the driver needs no manual input to begin with.

So, in short, even though the Driver commands are there in the profile, I hardly ever use them.

Different TCs had different tecniques.  Usually a driver worked with a TC long enough to get an intuitive understanding of what the TC wanted when the TC wasn’t being very specific.  At other times TCs were incredibly specific, such as “Head for those two big trees at about your 10 o’clock.”  At others it was, “Follow vehicle x but go to the left/right of the mud hole he just went through.”  

The driver was the one the TC usually spoke the most to.   

I think its a good idea to expand the driver functionality in the profile to reflect the above.

But things like ‘drive to that tree’ can only be done efficiently with the mouse instead of voice.

But the continuous turning I’ll add in the next version.

Here the initial release now posted and approved in the repo:

Working really nice Yskonyn. Now I'm trying the Japo32 one cos is in spanish and is easier for me but really like that you place all commands explained in the list. Great work there. Will switch between the two profiles and have a blast screaming FIRE!!/FUEGO!! at the microphone :P

that´s my profile. Use it with precaution, as I´m not experienced in SB yet and there may be things that are not useful or things that I should add. Let´s say it´s a base profile. You may notice that one specific command may have several phrases associated, that means that you can use either of them and the command will be issued.

I´d appreciate any comment if someones uses it, so I can improve it, as the ones already stated here.

steel beasts-Profile.vap

btw, in case anyone does not know. You can take any profile, edit it in VA and just change the phrases in one language and just write them in your language. Let´s say every profile is quite easy to translate into your own language, provided it has not hundreds of commands. I understand that the recognition precission is higher in your own language.