Werewolf

SB Pro and Voice Attack

NOTE: for those not familiar with Voice Attack - it is very versatile PC voice control software created by a gamer for gamers.

I use Voice Attack with Elite Dangerous all the time. It is especially useful when used with a HOTAS control system. Never have to touch the keyboard - ever.

I'm thinking of building a profile for SB but figure some may already have done so. If so what is your experience with it and SB? Is it worth the effort to put a profile together (not hard - might take 30 minutes)? Does it add to the immersion factor.

If I put one together it would primarily be for vocal commands the TC would issue to the gunner, driver and loader.

What say you - what is your experience using VA with SB?

Older but exciting video of someone using a voice control program, Glovepie, with SB.

Now Glovepie’s EULA interdicts its use for military simulators, so I only show this as an example of how voice recognition can increase immersion enormously !

Guess I will definitely try Voice Attack

Or Jess ,  for Elite Dangerous game.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbn9ihjfioo3v00/Jess_5.5.zip/file

havent tried it myself but dwvac's main problem for me is the misinterpretation of commands. unless I have several phrases or words for one command, it gets weird (and funny too at times).

i am not sure, have understood what you mean ( french) but you can use variable with jess

3 hours ago, Arvigna said:

i am not sure, have understood what you mean ( french) but you can use variable with jess

J'ai un problem avec dwvac. Il doit parler un nombre des sentences pour comprends le software. La meme commande voudrait plus des phrases pour registré. Desole moi mon Francais est preparatoire 😂😂

3 hours ago, wildbillkelsoe said:

J'ai un problem avec dwvac. Il doit parler un nombre des sentences pour comprends le software. La meme commande voudrait plus des phrases pour registré. Desole moi mon Francais est preparatoire 😂😂

Yes it better for me to read your english than your french !! 😄😅

so in french

"Je n'ai pas essayé moi-même, mais le principal problème de Dwvac est la mauvaise interprétation des commandes.

À moins que je n'ai plusieurs phrases ou mots pour une commande, cela devient bizarre (et parfois drôle aussi)." google translate

Jess on my pc crash... i using "vocals" find too, in elite dangerous forum, it work good.

quick question regarding VA in multiplayer, or any voice recognition software. Is it possible to have two mikes in one pc? I use VA in flight simulation, but as I fly with VR I use the headphone´s mic for communications with the others (with PTT) and the Oculus integrated mike for VA. In this way the others don´t hear me giving orders to VA.

But in SB it´s not the case and I´m thinking on attaching a tabletop mic in the rear plug for the same purpose. I don´t want you people hearing me constantly saying "gunner, sabot!".

Said that, I´m gonna prepare a VA profile for SB, but in spanish. I´ll let you know when I´ve done it Should be easy enough to translate it into other languages. 

I use a considerably older software called Shoot, but here's what I do:

I only need one mic -- the headset one. Shoot is set up for Push-To-Talk, and so is TeamSpeak. I use a different PTT key for each.

So, since each app only hears/sends voice when it is keyed, TeamSpeak players only hear you when its dedicated key (or keys, the case of multiple whisper channels) is pressed; Shoot only responds when its dedicated key is pressed.

I have limited multiplayer experience, but the setup has worked fine thus far. It's just a matter of remembering which send-key to press. Admittedly, it's quite possible to get confused in the heat of the moment send on the wrong one ... but in general, multiple mics aren't needed if you use Push-To-Talk rather than voice-sensing or always-on.