No Sound ( getting these errors) [solved]

Kev2go

I insalled a copy of SB on a new laptop. I know its not a driver or hardware issue as i have no Sound problems in any games or any other applications.

I tried reinstalling game to no avail.

These are the error messages get from in game

OEJfvIM.png

When moving around turret.

MY5auQz.png

On 2/25/2018 at 11:17 PM, Volcano said:

Yes, in order to have an idea of what the issue might be then we would need to know your sound card (or chip), and driver info for it.

Realtek Audio. 

zdV2JNc.png

acLImCT.png

Sound by Dynaudio with Woofer
ESS SABRE HiFi audio DAC technology 
Nahimic Audio Enhancer

Doesnt have a driver i can really access like an app

On 2/26/2018 at 2:18 AM, Ssnake said:

Also, what other sound related applications might be running in the background. Maybe an application "steals" the sound card so that SB can't reach it via DirectSound (the "DS" part of the error message).

I ran without any other applications

• Moderators
On 3/2/2018 at 7:42 PM, Kev2go said:

http://www.nahimic.com/

audio software for boosting / managing sound effects  that came for the PC. Its something id like to keep.

OK, but is it possible to temporarily change it as part of troubleshooting?

Was it all working before recently on the same setup? If so, what changed recently in your configuration?

By just guessing, I would say the problem is with the Realtek onboard chip. Have you tried updating the drivers?

18 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, but is it possible to temporarily change it as part of troubleshooting?

Was it all working before recently on the same setup? If so, what changed recently in your configuration?

By just guessing, I would say the problem is with the Realtek onboard chip. Have you tried updating the drivers?

It was always like this.This is a new laptop.

MY prior MSI suffered some MoBO issues that was causing it Overheating issues, as well as BSOD whilst under warranty ( only 1 year old) , Instead of fixing  they Replaced my MSI Apache  Laptop with a new one.  (  higher end  MSI Dominator model) So with a laptop that is just a few months old and i just  recently got around to installing  SB on this machine.

Drivers are the most up to date. I updated them first thing before I posted here in the support section.

Edited by Kev2go

18 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, but is it possible to temporarily change it as part of troubleshooting?

Actually It was Nahmic. I didnt need to unstall the App. I merely Shut it down to see if that helped before escalating to  an uninstall, and now Steel beasts  has sound. :P

Edited by Kev2go

• Moderators
On 3/3/2018 at 3:58 PM, Kev2go said:

Actually It was Nahmic. I didnt need to unstall the App. I merely Shut it down to see if that helped before escalating to  an uninstall, and now Steel beasts  has sound. :P

OK, glad you found the cause.

BTW, in my previous post I meant to say to temporarily "disable it" (Nahmic), not "change it" (typo). Oh well, you figured it out. ;)