English Interior For Leo?

stevieshae

• Members

Well, if the mod was pulled because it had technical issues, maybe there's a connection.

I don't provide technical support for mods for a reason. All I can say is how it's basically supposed to work - and that is already described in the user manual. If these textures don't work, maybe new ones will have to be made. I don't klnow if the photoshop templates have been pushed somewhere. Maybe Dejawolf is willing to share.

If you're talking about the Leo2 HI-REZ Panels available in the download section, be advised they are obsolete. It would be nice if someone updated them, but the modding community here is rather comatose. 

The Leopard interiors have undergone a series of upgrades since those were made. They still work -- sort of -- but you lose some important display information (like the manual range readout) and the download package doesn't include all of the interior textures you'd want translated.

If you want to try them anyway, it's harmless; you can always delete them. The files go in the nation folder(s) contained in your mod folder. In a Windows 7 system, that's here: C:\Users\yourname\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\theme\xx -- where "yourname" is replaced with your name ... "theme" is replaced with woodland, winter, desert and/or autumn ... and "xx" is the two-letter nation folder for the side you want the textures to appear in in-game. 

You'll probably want these in your four "de" folders. But I'd also include copies in your woodland "us" folder if you want to see them on the gunnery range, for example.

Edited by Splash

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

They just need to go into the woodland folder, not desert nor winter.

Not unless you're suggesting replacing the stock textures in the main installation folder, which is generally not recommended.
The mod folders do not work that way. Has something changed?

In my installation, if I want to see a particular vehicle texture in all seasons (woodland, winter, desert, autumn) I must place copies of the texture in the appropriate nation folder within each season folder. I'm assuming the original poster wants to have his English interior whenever/wherever he plays a Leopard 2. A vehicle texture in the woodland mod folders will not be seen on a desert map. A vehicle texture placed in the woodland mod folder outside of the nation folders will not be seen anywhere. (Certain odd exceptions notwithstanding).

For the stevieshae's benefit, I took a look at the textures available for download (from Alan323). 

It's the changertexture.dds that seems to cause the problem with the digital displays. So he should ignore that file and only install the leo2a5_hi1.dds and leo2a5HI2.dds and get most of his Leo2 interior in English without losing functionality. Some buttons/lights will be untranslated or unlabeled because, as I said, the mod hasn't been updated.

He should install them, as directed in my earlier post, in woodland/us to be seen in the gunnery range, and in each season's other nation folders for which he hopes to see them.

38 minutes ago, stevieshae said:

well I just had to reset my pc, Is my licencee F'ed? and I might need a new pc..

Can I suggest you start a new thred for this in the Support area?

Its likely to be lost in a thread about tank interiors.

Edited by Gibsonm