TGIF question.

Itkovian

Salutations.

Since it looks like I will finally be able to show up for the TGIF game tomorrow (if the stars are right, of course), I have a question:

When exactly would be the best time for me to show up to test my connection and so forth?

A few months ago I managed to get in one game (just for testing), and I recall there had been some difficulty but forgot how exactly we had resolved it (it was something minor, I believe).

Is 2130 eastern time (east coast, USA) a good time? The game officially starts at 2200, correct?

In any case, I look forward to finally doing some MP. :)

Thank you.

Itkovian

Ah, thank you. I'll try to show up around 9:30 EST then, assuming the stars are right tonight. If so, it should give me time to work out whatever was the issue last time (as I recall it was something very simple, and it was not port fowarding... I was going to mess with my router when someone suggested I check something, and that was it... probably windows firewall or some such *grin*).

Here's a couple of other questions:

are the TGIF games usually head-to-head, or is there a lot of coop work?

And how do you handle "callsigns" on teamspeak in mission? Using unit numbers? Such as "31 alpha" for the platoon leader of third platoon of Alpha company?

Thank you, and see you tonight (hopefully).

Itkovian

Usually the first mission is H2H, but if there's time for a second mission it depends on what people want to play. Sometimes it's a co-op.

Callsigns are usually used in TS, unless you know the guys pretty well. "1/A, move to the ridgeline 500m to your east" for example. So, if you have mulitiple callsigns that you are responsible for, you have to remember a fair bit.

Usually the first mission is H2H, but if there's time for a second mission it depends on what people want to play. Sometimes it's a co-op.

Callsigns are usually used in TS, unless you know the guys pretty well. "1/A, move to the ridgeline 500m to your east" for example. So, if you have mulitiple callsigns that you are responsible for, you have to remember a fair bit.

or write really damn fast...

Well, I had a great time, and will definitely join you all again.

Of course, this was my first time, and I spent most of the mission trying not to be in anyone's way. By the time I moved up to a "clear" position, it turned out to be in the sights of a Leo2a4 (which the AAR showed to be barely visible through foliage, great spotting there *grin*).

Here's a question though:

One comical moment is when I noticed a track moving amongst my infantry, and switching to one of those units at the exact moment the 113 crunched them. Very suprising :). But my question is: just how is it that the track never took RPG rounds?

I know if I were to try something like that in single player it would have been suicide, but after looking at the AAR it seems the M113 drove pass (and onto *grin*) at least a couple of infantry units without taking so much as a small arms hit from the infantry.

Why didn't the infantry attack? Should I have ordered fire at will or some such, or was it just bad luck?

In any case, I had a great time, and look foward to the next game. :)

Itkovian

• Moderators

I think that in that instance that you described, the team that got ran over was the team without the RPGs, technically the MG team. It is always better to keep both A and B teams nearby each other, but in this case we spread them out to cover more ground on the flank. Also, our infantry was located in the woods and that prevents them from using RPGs to the large degree.