Red2112

Ground Branch looks promising in as much as it seems to also have a single player mode, something that IMHO has been lacking (to put it mildly) in recent tactical FPS games. Especially some of the latest WW2 games like Post Scriptum I'd love to play if only a single player mode would be available. And by single player mode I don't mean fancy story lines accompanied by fancy cut scenes ala COD or Battlefield.

If some developer could just come up with a game that generates an ongoing AI driven battle like in F16 Falcon were the player can just jump in as one individual to join the fray on either side.

Btw, I was thinking about getting Arma 3 but almost ALL the reviews on the internet I've seen are saying that the AI in Arma 3 is just horrible. Any thoughts by anyone regarding single player game in Arma 3?

Are there any other recent tactical FPS games besides Ground Branch that include single player mode?

@Jaguar Honestly, the AI being "horrible" in Arma 3 is a bit of a stretch. It has its moments where it can act dumb, but for the most part the AI performs as expected.

Single Player in it is great! With all the DLC and Mods, you'll have several hundred hours of play available. To me, it is definitely one of the best Open World FPS games of all time. 

Edited by Mirzayev

Ground Branch does not have a story mode as of yet.  There´s plans for it in the future for sure.  As of now (EA) you do have "Terrorist Hunt" where you as a single player go against the AI on a choosen map.  You can configure the AI in various ways like the amount of "tangos" that will spawn, and other things like the reaction response times they will have (quicker, slower etc).  Then you have all the other modes which are multiplayer.  Ground Branch went EA yesterday after Steam gave it the go light.

You can find it at a very reasonable price below...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/16900/GROUND_BRANCH/

As for ArmA goes, well it´s ArmA :D

It can be real good or real bad for what it pretends to be!  I personally don´t like how vehicles and airframes are simulated.  The Idea is for it to be a Combined Arms doctrine, and as with DCS World they both fall short in doing so, being it because they have watered down modules or just poor implementation.  In ArmA, vehicles feel like there sliding about with no ground friction, or weight what so ever, and airframes don´t feel like they have any sustain or resistence once airborne, so the overall feeling for me is a arcadish one.  If your fine with that then great!  In a nutshell, ArmA does very well "infantry", and DCS does very well "airframes".  That said, it does not mean you can´t enjoy playing either one as a Combined Arms force, just expect to be in a tank in Arma arcade style as well as with DCS.

As mentioned, single player missions can be fun, along with other types like the use of the "Exile" mod in multiplayer (DayZ) for example, and I bet there´s more out there.  With mods and dedication ArmA can be very good, but for me sometimes all the effort is just not worth it, as it can go wrong and spoil then fun for whatever "arma-reason"!  I would buy it on sale...

The above is just my personal opinion!

For single player you could also roll back some years and look at "Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising", or the "Brothers in Arms" series, both have decent single player campaigns with good AI reaction.

Red

Edited by Red2112

Thanks guys for your input regarding single player games. I might give Arma a try one of these days. Regarding Ground Branch, yeah I saw that on steam, too, but thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll first wait to see some reviews on Youtube.

Btw, I wonder when (if) Arma 4 will see the light of day. Has anyone heard anything about that? Arma 3 was released in 2013, if I remember correctly. That's almost 5 years ago, which is a long time when it comes to PC games.

On ‎2018‎年‎8‎月‎20‎日 at 2:07 AM, Red2112 said:

New Ground Branch build update and "Hot-Fix Patch" #001 released...

https://www.groundbranch.com/index.php/2018/08/19/build-update-001-hotfix-patch/

Red

Well, I got my copy of Ground Branch. Overall I really like the feel of the game, but I think the devs should tone down the AI a bit. The reaction time and accuracy of the AI appears to be somewhat over the top imho. 

But I'm really looking forward to the finished version.

8 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Well, I got my copy of Ground Branch. Overall I really like the feel of the game, but I think the devs should tone down the AI a bit. The reaction time and accuracy of the AI appears to be somewhat over the top imho. 

But I'm really looking forward to the finished version.

Hi Jaguar. Glad you are enjoying it!

I understand what you mean, and just for the record, it used to be worst/better depending on how you like it, but yeah there´s plenty of others who say same.  There used to be a option when choosing terrorist hunt, were you could set it/tweak to your liking, but I see that it´s not there any more.  It might only be available now for those who put up a server, not sure I would have to ask.

If you so like, you can join the Ground Branch Discord channel, from there you can meet up with people who want to play online and/or join a group with there own Discord channel.  You can also aske questions or just meet new friends, the devs usually hang-out there.  I can set you up with a team if you like and/or just help you out.  Just let me know what "nick/avatar" your going to use if you so decide to...

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8625-ground-branch-official-discord-server/&tab=comments#comment-158109

Most are nice folks there and we have a good time playing with the group Iam in along with "Nike-Ajax" from here on SB.  Or you can just hook up with who ever you find there.  Me and Nike are trying to form a Fireteam for the Ground Branch and Squad platforms, (maybe Arma3 too) so if you are interested or anybody else is, just let me and Nike know.

For the rest, have fun and if in need of help, just let me know.

Red

On ‎2018‎年‎9‎月‎4‎日 at 6:11 PM, Red2112 said:

Hi Jaguar. Glad you are enjoying it!

I understand what you mean, and just for the record, it used to be worst/better depending on how you like it, but yeah there´s plenty of others who say same.  There used to be a option when choosing terrorist hunt, were you could set it/tweak to your liking, but I see that it´s not there any more.  It might only be available now for those who put up a server, not sure I would have to ask.

If you so like, you can join the Ground Branch Discord channel, from there you can meet up with people who want to play online and/or join a group with there own Discord channel.  You can also aske questions or just meet new friends, the devs usually hang-out there.  I can set you up with a team if you like and/or just help you out.  Just let me know what "nick/avatar" your going to use if you so decide to...

http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8625-ground-branch-official-discord-server/&tab=comments#comment-158109

Most are nice folks there and we have a good time playing with the group Iam in along with "Nike-Ajax" from here on SB.  Or you can just hook up with who ever you find there.  Me and Nike are trying to form a Fireteam for the Ground Branch and Squad platforms, (maybe Arma3 too) so if you are interested or anybody else is, just let me and Nike know.

For the rest, have fun and if in need of help, just let me know.

Red

Thanks for the invitation, Red!

Is that Ground Branch Discord channel showing up inside the GB server brower? Or do I have to access the channel through a different link?

Right now I'm playing with the God mode ON. I know it's cheating - but so does the AI. Anyway, even with the God mode enabled, I still try my best to get the first shot in. If not, I'll take mental notice. I found for me the frustration level is much lower now.

13 hours ago, Jaguar said:

Thanks for the invitation, Red!

Is that Ground Branch Discord channel showing up inside the GB server brower? Or do I have to access the channel through a different link?

Right now I'm playing with the God mode ON. I know it's cheating - but so does the AI. Anyway, even with the God mode enabled, I still try my best to get the first shot in. If not, I'll take mental notice. I found for me the frustration level is much lower now.

Hi Jaguar,

Yes that´s the Discord invite for GB, just hit the link and accept the invite by Kris.

My nick there is "RedOneAlpha", aswell as ingame.

18 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Hi Jaguar,

Yes that´s the Discord invite for GB, just hit the link and accept the invite by Kris.

My nick there is "RedOneAlpha", aswell as ingame.

At what time do you guys normally play? I'm in Japan, so it might be difficult for me to join. Plus I don't have much time in the first place, which is one of the main reasons I'm focusing on single player.

If I can make it, I'll be using the same nick I'm using here, so you should recognize me if I show up.

27 minutes ago, Jaguar said:

At what time do you guys normally play? I'm in Japan, so it might be difficult for me to join. Plus I don't have much time in the first place, which is one of the main reasons I'm focusing on single player.

If I can make it, I'll be using the same nick I'm using here, so you should recognize me if I show up.

It all dependes on who is doing the event.  Aside from the main GB Discord channel, which would be like the "parent" channel, there´s other channels (groups) too.  Myself Iam in three different groups that came out of the main GB group and that are still active with the main GB channel.  In the main GB channel you have a seperate channels like "looking for a group" or "looking to play", so there´s many ways to play with different people and/or join new groups.  People from all over the world too, I played with some guy who lives in Australia and has his own server etc. so I don´t think you will have to many problems with that.  Might not have son many folks on your time frame but there will be some for sure.

I´ll be on the GB Discord later on today and I´ll look for you...:)

On ‎2018‎年‎9‎月‎15‎日 at 9:06 PM, Red2112 said:

New update (#003 FUBAR), circa 2.1GB download, and Unreal engine update for Ground Branch.

More info:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/16900/announcements/detail/1708443293182557965

Red

The devs really toned down the AI - much better now imho. Sorry, but I haven't found the time to go online yet. Making things "worse", I now also, finally, got me a copy of Arma III since it was on sales on Steam last week. That'll keep me busy for some time, I guess.

Love the look of that new UBOAT game. I just wish someone would make a similar game, but for WW2 tanks instead. That would be a blast.

15 hours ago, Red2112 said:

@Vikingo I had/have it on radar for awhile along with this...

Played/enjoyed the first Rebel Galaxy which was alot of fun.  This looks even better!

Red

Wow! Didn't know about that one (too much Star Citizen waiting here hehe) Will add to the list, thanks!

Also Uboat (later this year) + World War 3 (tactical FPS on steam this october with nice levels, Moscow, Berlin...)

October will be a great month. AC Odyssey, Fallout 76, Kursk, WW3, DCS (SA-2 (confirmed), SCUD (hope so))...  

2019 Steel Beasts (with a vengeance) , Metro, Cyberpunk 2077 (hope so!!)

Your welcome!

Ah, didn´t know about DCS´s SA-2, that´s gonna be great as I have the SAAB Viggen (era) too...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181342

I have had my flight sims parked for to long now me thinks!  I recently got a mail from Milviz with a link to download my pre-order of there BA i350 twin prop for P3D v4xx (only) of which I bough some years ago!  I also recently installed P3D v4.3 so I might just have to get back to simming the skies again.

WW3 of which I posted here before is a definite buy for me. Choose this over Insurgency Sandstorm.

Wify will get AC Odyssey and Tomb Raider Shadow as she has played them all LOL.

Will reserve my thoughts with regards to Star Citizen´s wait.....>:(

If the brothers would like to purge in the name of the emperor, then Space Hulk Deathwing Enhanced is on sale on Steam (60% off, ends in two days)...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/298900/Space_Hulk_Deathwing/

Four brothers squad team based co-op madness :D

Red

Edited by Red2112
added video

On 22/9/2018 at 12:24 PM, Red2112 said:

Thanks Red! Yes, played so much hours to SAM Sim. One of my favs, even turn my red light here while playing for better atmosphere :P Really immersive and always dream to see something like that in DCS (more now that SA-2 -and others- are coming to DCS) I really play more with "Combined Arms" module there simulating battles than actually flying ^_^ I always learn a plane and forget all the others, too much systems and stuff to remember. Just programing the HOTAS for each plane is... But still I wait for F-14 later this year (hope so... announcement comming on Oct 7th)

Some footage with SA-2 

and SCUD 

All the best!