Red2112

Apollo 11 VR HD, is on sale at 50% off.  To celebrate yesterdays 50th anniversary, I decided to try it out. You can run it without VR headset too.

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/953840/Apollo_11_VR_HD/

Circa 3.2GB download.

Here´s how to run it none VR...

Tip: Launch On Monitor on Games Menu (Apollo 11 VR)
Hi! I was just about to uninstall this game because I couldn't move the view around on my laptop. But when I clicked on the game listing on the side I then saw on option "Launch on Monitor". This made all the difference - I had been just clicking on my desktop shortcut. Now I can move the view around and this simulation is finally playable! 

Hope this helps someone!

Red
Edited by Red2112

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't understand all the hate against Star Citizen. It's like people go out of their way to hate it. I have personally spent 35$ on an Aurora, and it's been the best money I ever spent on a game. Yes, SC is still in development, and it will take several more years before it's fully released, but how many AAA games released lately didn't have years and years of developement? They were just not revealed at all until many years into their development.

I backed SC in 2013, no issues aside from the fact that you need a good set-up to run it. This latest patch (v3.7.0) is said to be the best out since it´s alpha stage. Now is a good time to try it out, plenty to do but remember it´s a alpha.  Overall it looks awesome.

I've kept my eyes on SC since the kickstarter days but never bought into it. I opted for Elite Dangerous at the time and have had a blast with that (and still do). However, I will probably get into SC sooner or later. At this stage, is there a solid gameplay experience or just demo sections? When would you suggest to jump into SC if I'm looking for a little more than just testing things out?

I could not run SC with my old PC, so I never really got a chance to fully check it out. I made myself a new build some months ago, and just last week decided to install SC, which Iam happy I did.  It just happen to be a week after v3.7.0 Live came out, of which all of the hardcore followers say is the best and most playable patch to date.  They are fixing some bugs that came with the patch in the PTU branch (v3.7.1c), which most likely will be out very soon (maybe next week).  Patch v3.8.0 will be Live next month 23th with the upcoming CitizenCon 2949...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizencon

With that out of the way, I can say that with the actual state of SC (v3.7.0) there´s plenty of things to do and discover.  There´s about 250 missions you can take on to make money although SC is still not persistent yet, hopefully it will be very soon, so your status gets reset after every mayor patch.  In other words your progression is lost and money (aUEC) lost when v3.8 comes live.  For the most part, you can dogfight, hunt down bountys, do cargo runs, mine caves or astroids, rent ships, and  there adding harvest in v3.8 and group missions for example. You also have a criminal stat if you decide to be an outlaw.  There´s penty of things to do now and servers don´t crash like the past.  It´s alpha though but you can definitely spend hours and hours playing SC IMHO.

Edited by Red2112

Grind games, I'm out. Grind alpha/beta/early access games, I cross the street. Last one was Naval Action, back in 2016. They released it and reset everybody's grind back to stone age. I tried it a few months ago and noticed that they even changed their crafting system, making my lvl.50 basic useless. But hey, they gave me a nice frigate as consolation, although I can't crew it without first grinding for a couple of months.

Edited by stormrider_sp

Yeah, well that´s how the economy works in some games.  Although the economy system in SC is in no way flushed out yet, not balanced etc. There basically testing, but not everything is about grinding in SC...

Red

Edited by Red2112