Red2112

• Members

"Whoops, Apocalypse" (German title, "Zu spät, die Bombe fliegt").

Was a cinema feature film summary of a British comedy series (but as far as I can tell, the film version is more concise and overall the better one). It is, of course, deeply rooted in the late 1970s/early 1980s Cold War era, made more or less directly after the Falklands war, with a lot of satire that may be lost on younger generations (Nixon, Breshnev, 1970s British prime ministers); at the same time it was also somewhat uncanny in its comedic protrayal of international terrorists for hire ("Carlos", specifically).

The SAS raid on Mme Tussaud's was basically the slapstick episode; it's not 90 minutes non-stop like that.

Watched almost the entire CitizenCon, looking nice as always (following since year zero, played Wing Commander at 5 fps with AMIGA 500, good memories the same and love the fighters launch cinematic sequence like old Galactica...) Still hope to be alive to can play the "final" version somedayTM

50 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

Still hope to be alive to can play the "final" version somedayTM

LOL!

Yeah, it´s taking it´s time, but if you consider that they had to change game engine (Crytek), to the new Amazon Lumberyard some time in 2016-17, then it´s really not that bad, as they had to start from scratch amost.  Squadron 42 (ep1) is to be done sometime next year.

New Squad v17 patch. 

The game is beautiful, but still extremely arcade-like for vehicles. I was doing some tanking last night and the hit point system (or whatever they're using) is utterly ridiculous. I engaged a T-90 and scored 3x hits from my Challenger 2 from approximately 150m and died from 2x hits frontally. The 30mm is also terrible; 10x hits from my Warrior into a BRDM-2 with no effect other than some light smoke coming from his engine.

I haven't given up on Squad. Its still a good PvP but maybe after 4 years we will finally see a beta version?

11 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Like the art Jaguar, a bit like Foxhole but none topdown.

Bought the game just yesterday on Steam and I must say the game is quite good. It feels like you're playing an online battle with say 30-40 people, but it's actually just you on single-player. The AI really is that good.

It certainly ain't no tripple-A game, but considering the price (it's 25% off right now) it's pretty decent. Plus the graphics are kind like funny, which I like and which makes you feel not too seriously towards the actual gameplay.