Red2112

3 minutes ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

No. The two companies split several years ago. ArmA is on its own. 

And talking about years ago. It was many years ago that Arma was called ArmA, short for Armed Assault. But for ages now, it has been called just Arma, meaning "weapon" in latin. So stop with the capital A please.

Edited by Razor

On 12/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, Apocalypse 31 said:

and Squad continues to be the most beautiful game that I dont enjoy playing.

I think I would enjoy it alot more If one could create he´s/her´s own server whitout the need to rent one.  Thus the name "Squad", gather some friends, put them in squads and have some fun.  Less player count too that way, if one wanted.  Might not be all that perfect, but nothing is...

Ok, not tactical, but I bet it´s what operators play while chilling out! 🍻

Seriously, best pinball for PC to date! This version is the updated version of the classic ProPinball Timeshock. It´s only one table, but well worth it at this sale price.  The original is also available, and on sale, along with the other three tables at GOG, although the Timeshock table runs under DOSBox at 800x600. Each table sold separately.

If you like pinball, I suggest this Ultra edition. Plays great with a XBox controller (menu with mouse), and looks great!

50% off on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/287900/Pro_Pinball_Ultra/

Red

12 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Regarding Ground Branch

It's just sad to see such a wonderful game:

1. Taking forever to be developed (13+ years?)

2. Be nothing more than a glorified corridor shooter. 

There needs to be a purpose to this game. It cannot just be a 'game' with maps for Terrorist Hunt style gameplay. 

Haven´t been following it for awhile, but there´s already talk/work being done on the missions side of things.  Yes 13 years but how many guys working on it, 3-4?  When the Unreal engine brings up a new update and/or addition, that brings with it alot of wasted time and resources in re-work of whats already been done.

Although GB had a ahead start of as you say 13 years WIP, I personally consider the real start once they hit Steam.  From there, give them 2-3 years maybe, and then after consider if it´s been a waste of time.

With alot more resources, GR Breakingpoint in comparison is way more of a let down IMHO, the MP is just a copy or worst then GRWL, and as usual with Ubi, a big money grab with basically the same mechanics...

My to go FPS is still...

Has it´s pros and cons like all, but it´s jump in, co-op and go!

Red

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I played the hell out of Insurgency but still haven't purchased Sand Storm.

Shame on you!  xD

I though you bought the pre-release back then? Or you said you would...

It´s cool, and they keep tweaking and adding. I played this new mode yesterday, it´s night (no NG, just a flashlight mount) game play were you have the OPFOR rush at you in suicide mode.  A bit off the wall but fun nevertheless...

Still the good old days of the original GR1 are still to be desired. Who knows maybe GB will deliver some day sooner the better, or the upcoming Ready or Not.  We are still in need of a proper realistic FPS, that´s not Arma driven at this date and stage of the industry.  They keep trying to fufill the mainstream FPS players, and that just screws the whole mechanics of gamplay up IMHO.

6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

It's been on my wish list for a while. Looks good. Maybe coop and mission editor one day?

So far from what I red, the dev says no to coop/mp. No news on the editor, but I haven´t gone through all the post on Steam.  There could be a chance on coop if enough presure after full release me thinks.

There´s still polishing to do, and some AI tweaking (they wont follow you after objectives complete on your way to extraction), some bugs here and there, also stuff to be added like NPC´s, but you do have a bunch of maps, weapons and options to configure the game to your liking and dificulty. Game is very playable, so nothing really breaking the game for a beta at this time.  Runs very smooth on my i5/8GB/GTX 1060, and looks, feels very nice. For the price, it beats alot of other games, although there´s no story mode, just sandbox.

It feels old school with a new graphics engine (Unreal4).

Coop would be great though.

Edited by Red2112