Red2112

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

9 years too late. 

We have Squad now.

It does the same thing, only better (except no destructive environment)

How do you know Squad does it better when the mod ins´t even out yet? And when it does hit release (December 2020) it´s going to be in it´s infancy (just infantry) 😀

And the mod will be free BTW...

Destructive enviorment and being able to host your own server already beats Squad 🙃

Edited by Red2112
added content

2 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Beyond the wire looks interesting. I have not been into Squad yet due to DCS and Arma, but perhaps BTW will get me in 😀

Squad is a beautiful game, but the forced teamwork concept, lack of custom servers, and PvP only are kind of not fun.

Imagine if ARMA didn't let you host your own server- and you had to wait 15 minutes to join any servers.

13 hours ago, Ingolf said:

Beyond the wire looks interesting. I have not been into Squad yet due to DCS and Arma, but perhaps BTW will get me in 😀

I've been playing some Verdun - stands up very well, looks a bit like BTW and is terrifying to play (and cheap). Quite good bots help to fill the maps with action.

The game development stalled pretty hard on Ground Branch. We were seeing some decent updates this past summer. Maybe the developers went back to school, or resumed their day jobs?

"AI Improvements" - as we watch a video of the AI walking around and not returning fire, and still wandering aimlessly into hostile fire.

GB has been in development for over 15 years. At this point, the game is hanging on by hype. 

1 hour ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

The game development stalled pretty hard on Ground Branch. We were seeing some decent updates this past summer. Maybe the developers went back to school, or resumed their day jobs?

"AI Improvements" - as we watch a video of the AI walking around and not returning fire, and still wandering aimlessly into hostile fire.

GB has been in development for over 15 years. At this point, the game is hanging on by hype. 

Agreed. All I see they talking about is animation this, animation that and still all clothes are clipping badly. How about the core mechanics? Perhaps they simply ran out of cash given their mostly empty servers.

I don´t know what AI settings the OP had, and I havent tried it yet, so I wont bother to even answer that. I know from there Discord that some of those that were in the team are not active so some internal changes might have been going on this year.

Better of playing Battlefield right? Oh I forgot, that sucks too! 

It´s boring to see the same type of comments depending on the mood really...

Arma, or Steel Beast are like the end of the world, but then, not even those are well accepted (depending on which moon is out) so for me it´s not worth sharing anything here any more because everything sucks in the end!

Have fun!